District of Columbia
YI Advisors is the social-impact consulting arm of Young Invincibles, a national youth advocacy non-profit. YI Advisors is seeking a Director to lead our Product & Innovation work. This is a startup environment and the team manages a range of clients from non-profits, to governments to businesses with the aim of better engaging Millennials. This person will coordinate and manage projects including mobile app and website development, technology assessments, content strategy, and social media campaigns to address the economic challenges facing young adults.
Ideal candidates will have experience in social entrepreneurship, consulting, or technology development. Candidates should have a comfort with the issues YI Advisors addresses (health care, higher education, jobs and workforce development). Technical skills are not a prerequisite for the position, but some experience working with the software development or implementation process is important.
This person will also support related projects for Young Invincibles. Through this role, the Product Lead will learn a broad set of skills to allow them to manage technology projects from start to finish.
- ● Leading the YI Advisors product team, including product managers, developers, designers, and support staff
- ● Product management and administration of YI Advisors technology platforms
- ● Coordinating standups with engineering and design teams
- ● Planning and execution of new technology development roadmaps
- ● Translating project objectives into deliverables for technical staff
Supervisor: Director of Product and Digital Strategy
- ● 3-5 years of experience in consulting, information technology, or project management
- ● Experience leading technical and non-technical teams.
- ● Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- ● Experience communicating with external stakeholders such as clients or partners
- ● Comfortable in a startup environment.
- ● A passion for Young Invincibles’ mission.
Commensurate with experience
About Young Invincibles
Young Invincibles (“YI”) is a non-profit working to expand opportunity for young Americans ages 18 to 34 and amplify the voice of our generation in the national political conversation. Founded by and for young adults in the summer of 2009 during the debate over health care reform, YI has quickly grown into a lding voice for young people on the issues health care, higher education and employment. The organization has achieved major successes in areas ranging from the regulation of college health plans to Pell grants, and has successfully engaged hundreds of thousands of young adults online, through a network of over 100 partner organizations.
About YI Advisors
YI Advisors harnesses our millennial engagement expertise to deliver strategic guidance on how to best reach and build enthusiasm among diverse young adult populations. Born out of Young Invincibles, one of the leading national youth policy and education organizations, YI Advisors uses our unique best practices and youth engagement techniques to support mission-aligned consulting. Offering services such as campaign and strategy development, independent research, message development, and technology integration, our strategies support client goals in fields ranging from health care to education and mobile app development.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested in learning more or applying? Email email@example.com