Part Time Temporary
3 Huntington Quadrangle
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), Long Island Chapter is seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to support their local fundraising campaigns. The fundraising campaign assistant will help increase overall awareness for LLS’s mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
In addition, the selected candidate will gain valuable experience in the area(s) of: business and non-profit management; development and fundraising; marketing & PR; event coordination and management; logistics; social media; professionalism; and community relations while helping to plan Night on the Town, taking place on April 19, 2018
Performs diverse projects and activities for the chapter to support and enhance revenue generation in support of LLS’ mission.
Reports to: Director of Development
This is a temporary position staffed by TargetCW.
Part time position - 3 days a week for 4 hours a day (12 hours a week total). Assignment will not exceed April 27, 2018
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 0 -1 year of fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning experience
- Excellent MS Office Suite and database management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Professional and solid judgment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- May be required to travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.
Minimum Education Required