1667 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The National Center for Family Philanthropy is seeking an Operations and Program Assistant to join its dynamic team. This role provides the opportunity to influence the largest and most diverse sector of philanthropic giving, and to support philanthropic families and those who work with them. The successful candidate will focus on administrative and operational support for the organization, and assist with NCFP programming initiatives.
The Operations and Program Assistant reports to the Vice President, Planning and Management and the Vice President, Programs; and supports functions across the organization. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Greeting visitors, answering phones, managing files and office correspondence, ordering supplies, and performing operational support activities for the entire organization.
- Coding expenses, processing invoices, and supporting the Vice President, Planning and Management with general accounting responsibilities.
- Assisting the Vice President, Planning and Management and the Office Administrator with other day-to-day operational responsibilities of the organization.
- Providing general support to the NCFP program team in the development and execution of programs and strategies that advance the practice of family philanthropy.
- Providing support for all NCFP program-related communications, including managing aspects of the blog, website updates, social media, and event marketing.
- Providing support for all NCFP events and convenings, including the National Forum on Family Philanthropy, Trustee Education Institute, CEO Retreats, and other trainings and seminars.
Bachelor’s degree required; focus on philanthropy, public policy, or related issue area preferred. One to two years professional experience in the philanthropic or nonprofit sector preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong time management skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, and a desire to learn and to contribute in multiple ways in a dynamic non-profit environment. Familiarity with Salesforce preferred.
Excellent research and analytical skills. Exceptional attention to detail, along with strong project management skills. Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in organizing work, establishing priorities and meeting demanding project goals.
Strong team orientation and willingness to be flexible and work across teams.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.