4430 Benning Road Northeast
District of Columbia
SOME (So Others Might Eat) is seeking an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to join the HR team that embodies a positive workplace culture. Due to HR’s efforts we are the recipients of the Top Workplaces in Washington, DC! The Benefits Manager will lead wellness and benefit initiatives for 350-400 employees; works with all levels of the organization to truly make a difference! Health and wellness is at the core of our organizations ability to attract and obtain the best employees. The Benefits Manager will be at the forefront to let our employee’s know that they are valued. SOME offers great benefits to include a 401K dollar for dollar match up to 10%. Find out why we are the best place to work!
Position Description: Manages and coordinates the development and administration of all SOME employee benefit plans. Offers a strategic viewpoint on benefit plan offerings in relation to cost and impact. Coordinates SOME compliance with FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act), Workman's Compensation, ERISA (Employment Retirement Income Security Act), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), and the ACA (Affordable Care Act).
Schedule: Flexible schedule may be considered
Required: Bachelor's Degree; 3 yrs Benefits Administration Experience
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree; 3-5 yrs Benefits Administration Experience, CEBS Certification, PHR Certification or SHRM-CP Certification.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Human Resources and Benefits Administration
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements for Benefits Administration
- Analytical skills to perform cost/benefit analysis considering budgets and benefit options
- Demonstrates customer service skills, while assisting employees
- Demonstrates professionalism and maintains confidentiality while working with sensitive documents
- Benefits Management: Manage overall benefit plan review, administration, selection, policy development, and communication. Define organizational benefit plan goals and develop cost/benefit analysis on plan options. Manage relationships with brokers and vendors to develop and administer benefit plan options. Enroll employees in benefit plans and make updates as needed; coordinate payroll contributions. Administer 401k plan, which may include enrollments, terminations, contributions, loans, and disbursements.
- Wellness Initiatives: Partner with vendors and brokers to enhance and monitor existing wellness programs. Engage employees in healthy competitions and wellness outings. Expand our wellness initiatives to gain more employee engagement. Promote and encourage our employees to take part in activities.
- Compliance: Coordinate SOME compliance with FMLA, Workman's Compensation, ERISA, OSHA, and the ACA. Create annual reports for 401k Plan, ACA, OSHA, and 5500 audit. Manage FMLA and ADA compliance for SOME and the individuals affected; complete necessary documentation. Respond to Workman's Compensation claims. Provide security for all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) information.
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer
Minimum Education Required