Scattered Site/Congregate Facilities Program Director
Objective: To maintain compliance with state and local standards for all apartment units, ensuring clean and safe environments for Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc. (“MHSA”) Scattered Site and Congregate Programs (the “Programs”) clients and staff.
Scope: To inspect all units and document inspection results by completing reports and logs. To work in conjunction with property owners and ensure proper maintenance of all units, meeting City of Boston Inspectional Services Department (“ISD”) standards and all state codes. This is an exempt, salaried position.
Schedule: 9am-5pm (Monday - Friday)
- Inspect all Scattered Site and Congregate units at least every six (6) weeks.
- Maintain/develop a tracking system of all unit inspections, corrective actions, and their outcomes.
- Maintain logs of date-stamped photographs and unit inspection documents.
- Utilize the facilities inspection forms for all unit inspections.
- Submit work orders to the Facilities Program Director via online ticketing system.
- Respond to all requests via online ticketing system and provide updates to shelter staff regarding repairs.
- Track communications with landlords regarding repairs, provide notice of incomplete repairs, and recommend utilization of agency protocols to the Facilities Program Director when landlords are not in compliance.
- Meet with the Facilities Program Director for weekly supervision and unit repair updates.
- Respond to all job-related emails, faxes, texts and telephone calls in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with case managers, issue client DHCD non-compliance violation forms when necessary and develop corresponding repayment plans, where appropriate.
- Provide all reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that all inspection reports are delivered to the Facilities Program Director for signature.
- Supervise all other Program Unit Inspectors, conducting regular supervisions and staff meetings.
- Assist the Program Director in conducting ninety (90)-day and annual Employee Evaluations for other inspectors and maintenance/custodial staff.
- Abide by all MHSA policies regarding boundaries, strict confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
- Attend in-service and outside training and instruction as directed by the Facilities Program Director.
- Immediately inform the Facilities Program Director of any suspicious observations or allegations of child or elder abuse and/or neglect.
- Accurately complete incident reports and notify the Facilities Program Director in the event of emergencies, in accordance with the chain of command, and in a timely manner.
- Attend team meetings.
- Provide crisis intervention, including non-physical de-escalation, emergency assessment, and problem-solving, reporting the same to the Facilities Program Director, and to proper authorities, as needed.
- Report all health and safety issues immediately to the Facilities Program Director.
- Various other responsibilities, as assigned by the Facilities Program Director from time to time, and/or as needed to ensure proper functioning and safety of the Programs.
- Bachelors Degree preferred or three years relevant experience
- Verifiable previous experience with ISD standards and state health and safety codes.
- Verifiable experience in contract management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- ServSafe Certified (MHSA will provide training opportunity).
- Ability to work as a team member.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (MHSA will provide training opportunity).
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and reporting for work.
- Bilingual/bicultural preferred
- Energetic and self-starter oriented.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable personal transportation.
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package for Full Time employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resources Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.