300 Arnold Palmer Boulevard
Overview: The Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund is seeking a motivated professional to serve critical areas of this non-profit organization’s fundraising programs. This position will be an important piece of a professional staff of seven that works together on many projects supporting a volunteer board of 40 area business leaders. The Coordinator will primarily work with the Associate Executive Director as well as volunteer Development and Alumni Chairs in managing the fundraising of the Annual Fund, Alumni Fund and Development Committees.
The Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund has been awarding college scholarships for 70 years and is the largest independent scholarship organization in New England. Each year, the Ouimet Fund awards between 400 and 500 Scholarships, totaling $2.2 Million, to deserving young men and women who work in golf in Massachusetts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and execute annual fund solicitation schedule for the Annual Fund, Alumni Fund, Parent Fund, Giving Week, Senior Class Gift and other major gift programs. This includes writing appeal letters/pieces, designing digital and social media initiatives, tracking results and managing volunteer engagement and outreach.
- Work closely with Associate Executive Director and others to develop initiatives that support and increase donor participation.
- Regularly communicate with volunteers and staff to record and capture their donor interactions in database
- Work to maintain and cultivate your own relationships with donors and potential donors
- Assist in monitoring acknowledgement process of donations
- Prepare meeting agendas and materials, attend meetings, assist with follow-up and next steps, and coordinate solicitation activities of volunteers
- Maintain donor recognition programs
- Assist Alumni Chair and other staff in creating and organizing Alumni events
- Work with Director of Scholarships to create and maintain database of Scholar stories and quotes to use in fundraising solicitations and other initiatives.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education, nonprofit, or similar work
- Success in fundraising, marketing, sales, or similar areas. Experience promoting and managing previous annual giving programs is highly desirable.
- Ability to learn new computer software and web CRM platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with donors, volunteers and colleagues
- Writes with attention to needs of the target audience; strong editorial skills; presents numerical data effectively; articulates a compelling message; and uses various mediums of communication effectively (such as emails, letters, brochures, social media, etc.).
- Ability to work both independently and with supervision as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- Ability to handle highly confidential financial and personal information with discretion
- A sense of humor is always appreciated.
- Must be willing to work extra hours during busy times, including occasional evenings and weekends, to meet deadlines.
- Candidates are expected to have, at a minimum, a basic understanding of Francis Ouimet, his impact and the Ouimet Fund.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2018
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com
or by mail to:
Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund
300 Arnold Palmer Blvd.
Norton, MA 02766
Minimum Education Required