1916 Park Avenue
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Case Manager acts as the centralized point of contact for all unaccompanied children (UC) in ORR custody that have been placed in Cayuga Centers’ shelter / transitional foster care program. The main role of the Case Manager is to ensure that each UC is safe and cared for, and is reunited with a suitable parent, guardian, or sponsor in the most expeditious manner possible.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week, non-exempt, hourly position. Regular hours entail 9:00am - 5:00pm schedule, Monday-Friday. Evenings and weekends may be required.
- Ensure safety for all UC within each foster home.
- Manage a high turn-over caseload depending on incoming placements and release.
- Coordinate initial intake for each UC.
- Manage reunification process for each UC.
- Keep information updated in the UC Portal.
- Coordinate and handle an estimated case load of 8 - 12 UC at any given time.
- Schedule and confirm each UC has an initial medical evaluation within 48 hours of arrival with the Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Coordinate and assist the Clinician to assure the admission assessment and family tree are completed within 3 days of arrival.
- Coordinate and assist Clinician to assure the psychosocial summary and Individualized Service Plan (ISP) are completed within 7 days of arrival.
- Ensure all assessments, Significant Incident Reports (SIR), team case notes, and foster family daily reports are current in the hardcopy file, electronic file, and UC Portal.
- Coordinate each case with the Clinician and GDIT Case Coordinator to review progress, concerns, and make recommendations on release.
- Coordinate the discharge and release of child to their sponsor.
- Ensure each UC is enrolled and attending school (either in the community or with Cayuga Centers).
- Respond to client emergencies within or outside work hours.
- Attend required training; Read required books.
- Responsible for maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information of service recipients in any form (e.g., computer access, conversation, document) during and surviving the termination, expiration or cancellation of employment/association with CC.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responds in a positive and respectful manner to diversity, among the agency’s service population and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant behavioral/social sciences field plus 3-5 years progressive experience in case management.
- Child welfare experience and professional licensure - strongly preferred.
- Bilingual - English-Spanish required. All agency documents and records are in English, so English writing proficiency required. Position itself requires Spanish speaking, writing, and reading proficiency.
- Strong communication and organizational skills - required.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a responsible way.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and web-based databases.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License Preferred.
Cayuga Centers is committed to providing innovative services in partnership with our clients so they can reclaim their lives and experience success. Our staff members play a key role in forming these partnerships. We actively seek a culturally diverse staff who will partner with us and our clients in our programs and operations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Whenever possible we promote from within, so apply for a position and begin your career in Human Services.
- Time off - Including 2 week’s annual vacation to start; 8 hours sick time per month; 10 Holidays; 24 hours of Personal Time and opportunity to earn time off
- Affordable Medical, Dental, Life & Retirement benefits also offered.
Time off - Including 2 week’s annual vacation to start; 8 hours sick time per month; 10 Holidays; 24 hours of Personal Time and opportunity to earn time off
Affordable Medical, Dental, Life & Retirement benefits also offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online