Details: $20/hour for 30 hours per week, plus benefits. Salary is negotiable if benefits are not needed.
89 South Street
About Funders Together to End Homelessness
Our Mission: Expand philanthropy’s impact and influence to advance the movement to prevent and end homelessness.
Funders Together to End Homelessness is the only philanthropic membership organization devoted to ending homelessness in the United States. We provide critical resources and learning and networking opportunities to our members to increase their knowledge, capacity, and effectiveness in both the individual and collective work to prevent and end homelessness. Funders Together acts as a vehicle for members to be part of a broader movement and bring greater financial and intellectual resources to the work to end homelessness.
Our work brings philanthropy together around best practices and innovation to ensure investments are maximized as funders in communities around the United States work towards solutions to prevent and end homelessness.
Membership and Program Coordinator
This position provides administrative support to the program, membership, and grantwriting staff. The position also provides support to the CEO by maintaining her calendar and assisting her in supporting the board of directors. This position is part-time (30 hours/week), remote, and requires travel 2-4 times a year.
- Maintain a complete, accurate, and up-to-date membership database
- Maintain ongoing prospect list of potential members and assist Director of Membership and Programs/CEO with setting up calls with current and potential members
- Work with Director of Membership and Programs to on-board new members
- Maintain/oversee maintenance of membership engagement tracking
- Send all membership renewal letters
- Maintain record of all dues-paying members
- Process all dues payments
- Track all grant application and report deadlines; maintain calendar that informs CEO and Director of Communications of workflow related to grants
- Keep ongoing prospect list of potential grantors
- File and execute grant agreements and other related paperwork
- Draft and track thank you notes for all membership dues, grants, and financial contributions
- Work with CEO and Finance Manager to accurately forecast and track all income
We conduct 2 major in-person convenings a year, 2-3 smaller in-person meetings per quarter, and 2-3 monthly webinars. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain registration for all webinars and in-person convenings
- Communicate logistics with attendees of webinars and in-person meetings
- Provide logistical support to Director of Networks and Programs
- Assist with website updates
- Assist in scheduling board committee and group meetings/calls for staff
- Provide support to CEO in preparation of board meeting packets, board meeting logistics, and communication with board members (3-4 times a year)
- Manage the CEO's meeting schedule
How to Apply
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with an ability to use them with discretion and tact
- Detail-oriented and ability to produce work that is clear, concise, accurate, and well-organized
- Technically proficient with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, while also still being committed to teamwork and collaboration
- Undergraduate degree or 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Committed to social justice issues and the mission of the organization, including addressing racial inequity
- Experience with donor and member management software, such as Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge; Survey Monkey; and design programs, such as Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with social media, NationBuilder, or other web platforms, such as Go To Webinar
- Given the remote nature of this position, candidate must be able to maintain their own office/work schedule during regular business hours.
This position reports to: Director of Membership and Programs, with some duties managed by the Director of Networks and the Director of Communications.
Compensation: $20/hour for 30 hours per week, plus benefits. Salary is negotiable if benefits are not needed.
Funders Together to End Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs, at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Membership and Program Coordinator position.