This position will provide direct administrative, analytic, and business operations support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) & Finance Department. This includes transaction processing support including invoice review, coordination of specific reporting and analysis, assistance in developing presentation tools, support in procurement and contracting processes, document management coordination, Board Committee support, identifying and implementing administrative process improvements, and supporting other requirements as requested. The Finance Assistant will also manage requested correspondence, complex meeting and travel schedules, and other support services as required for the CFO. The position will at times be responsible for managing sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner. This is a temp-to-hire position.
Provide high quality, reliable support for administrative and business operation functions in the Finance Department.
Specific duties include the following:
- Manage Special Olympics Incorporated (SOI)’s Visa credit card program including ensuring proper expenditure documentation, coding, and authorization. Follow up on outstanding report issues as required. .
- Coordinate SOI’s frequent flier utilization program to maximize cost saving opportunities across the organization.
- Operate as primary liaison and representative of SOI to the organization’s travel agent and provide administrative support to Concur, SOI’s online travel portal.
- Serve as leading decision-maker for bookings in relation to out-of-policy bookings in relation to SOI’s Travel & Expense Policy
- Expense transaction processing on behalf of the organization via credit card or other means.
- Process ad-hoc journal entries as necessary.
- Assist with Accounts Payable function and processing in Concur Expense management system, as needed.
- Provide core administration support to the CFO including the coordination of written business communications, official correspondence, telephone support, and general inquiries and requests.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial schedules on behalf of the Finance department.
- File and Maintenance of GL files in both paper as well as electronic form, as needed.
- Account reconciliations as directed.
- Coordinate both hard copy and electronic filing systems for efficiency and clarity and assist in ensuring compliance with SOI’s document retention policy.
- Coordinate timely administrative support for SOI’s Audit & Risk and Finance Committee including the development and dissemination of meeting agendas and other materials. Maintain minutes of all Committee meetings and provide timely drafts for review.
- Provide support for special projects, including technical research and documentation.
- Support Finance policy and procedure development and documentation. Coordinate Department dissemination and support of appropriate policies and procedures.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and expense reporting for Executives and other Department staff.
- Support and attend meetings on behalf of Finance and ensure that Executives have appropriate documentation and briefings for all meetings.
- Facilitate all Finance Department meetings, issuing notes and after-action items.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings and facilitate scheduling and greeting of visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience supporting administrative operations, preferably in a Finance
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, with particular experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Exceptional client service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to gather, analyze and summarize both quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Experience with or knowledge of Accounting or Finance functions of an organization preferred
- Ability to critically assess existing work processes and deliver a range of viable business process improvement options for management review
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details, and the ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to work with minimum oversight
- Ability to occasionally work beyond regular business hours
- Understanding of and Commitment to The Special Olympics Movement – possesses a keen understanding of the history and purpose of the Special Olympics Movement.
- Innovator – approaches the work environment looking for opportunities to improve. Willing to take risks to challenge the idea of “business as usual”. Willing to try a well thought out idea without fear of failure. Understands failure is an opportunity to learn.
- Leadership – passionate about the people side of the business. Understands the idea that leadership is an attitude. Invested in the training and development of others, regardless of the reporting structure. Sees leadership as an opportunity to give each employee the greatest opportunity to succeed and be the best person they can be.
- Change Agent – ability to generate new ideas and then build consensus around them to help the organization change for the better.
- Relationships – Sees relationships as an opportunity to change minds. Capable of building lasting interactions with people at every level of the organization across multiple functions.
- Communication – excellent verbal and written communication skills at all organizational levels. Understands that part of effective communication is effective listening. Listens to “understand”. Able to build a case to achieve consensus and persuade others
Special Olympics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.