Finance and Operations Associate (Full-Time Position)
South Asian Youth Action (SAYA)
South Asian Youth Action (SAYA) is a 501(c)3 organization for New York City youth ranging in age from first graders to college students. SAYA is South Asian-focused, inclusive and committed to connecting young people from all backgrounds to opportunities. Our mission is to foster a strong sense of belonging in youth and provide them with tools to thrive academically, professionally and personally. Many of our participants are first- or second-generation immigrants and face challenges that can hinder their chances to be academically successful, graduate high school and go to college. SAYA provides an accessible, safe and culturally affirming space for all youth and offers mentorship beyond the classroom so they confidently grow into engaged community members ready for college, career and personal success. Established in 1996, SAYA has grown into a $4.3 million organization currently running programs at nine NYC schools and our community center in Elmhurst, Queens.
Position Summary: The Finance and Operations Associate will play a key role in supporting and strengthening critical behind the scenes functions of the organization.
Supervisor: Director of Finance & Operations
• Process all accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Process biweekly payroll and staff reimbursements using ADP Workforce Now.
• Assist in employee onboarding/ termination as it pertains to pay, withholding, and deductions.
• Grant management: Create invoices for SAYA’s government contracts.
• Support the team with completion of financial recording and reporting.
• Execute special projects as needed to assist in monthly and annual reconciliations.
• Assist during annual audits by generating reports, locating supporting documents, etc.
• Maintain supporting document files.
• Manage vendor accounts, order supplies and equipment.
• Maintain inventory of community center supplies and liaise with cleaning company.
• Bachelor’s degree required with extensive coursework or a major/minor in business, finance, or accounting preferred.
• Two or more years of experience in an accounting/finance position highly preferred.
• Familiarity with Fund EZ, Intaact, and ADP Workforce Now.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and thrives in a team-oriented environment.
• Proactive attitude and desire to improve current systems and processes.
• Good judgment, strong ethical values, reliable and trustworthy.
• Critical thinker, creative, open-minded and flexible.
• Willingness to learn and grow with the organization.
• Good sense of humor.
• Belief in SAYA’s mission.
We offer a flexible schedule and a generous benefit package
Minimum Education Required