- Responsible for the intake and delivery of emergency financial aid and food assistance for the Emergency Assistance (EA) and St. Lucy Project programs at the Leesburg Regional Office location: 316 E. Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176. Territory covered incudes counties: counties: Clarke, limited Fairfax County (Chantilly, Clifton, Herndon, Reston), Frederick, Loudoun, Madison, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Warren.
- Serve as primary case worker for all client interview appointments and intake; assist volunteers with telephone screening, appointments and information and referral to callers. Ensure accuracy and timely submittal of EA vouchers to CCDA Finance Department. Safeguard that best practices and the highest quality of service are implemented at the Leesburg site.
- Serve as backup office manager for the Program Director: open/close office, administration tasks such as correspondence, payment of invoices, Visa bill, food bank purchases, etc.
- Responsible for recordation of all emergency assistance statistics into Food Bank Manager (FBM) and accurate monthly reporting to management for EA and Food Pantry.
- Assist Volunteer “Volunteer Coordinator” with management, scheduling and training of EA and food pantry volunteers.
- Assist Program Director with attending community/partner meetings and outreach to parishes.
- Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching.
· Support the pantry in loading/unloading food, weighing food and preparing food bags.
· Attend occasional evening/weekend functions for the Program Director
· Collaborate with other St. Lucy and EA staff and volunteers.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent leadership skills and at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong listening skills and demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to present a positive professional image.
- Ability to work in a team setting and also to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software applications. Experience with database data entry required.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with at least 3 years of experience in the provision of human services.
· Strong interest in helping underserved populations is a plus.
· Experience working with and coordinating volunteers.
· Knowledge and/or experience in food pantry operations is a plus.
· The employee is required to lift up to 40 pounds using such items as hand trucks, dollies and/or carts.
· Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to use a computer keyboard and handle food; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Required to stoop, kneel or crouch and climb a ladder.
· Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Health benefits, vacation, sick leave, holidays, pension etc.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.