Ride New Orleans – the region’s leading advocate for better bus, streetcar, and ferry service – is looking for a part-time Outreach Liaison to work directly with transit riders to tell their stories and leverage them to win better policies for RTA and Jefferson Transit riders.
This part-time position will work approximately 20 hours a week with a $20 hourly compensation. Some evening and weekend hours will be required, though the schedule will be flexible on a weekly basis.
Currently the position is a temporary six month contract position, though a renewal of the contract or transition to full-time work is possible, depending on fundraising.
Ride New Orleans - founded in 2009 - envisions a region in which taking transit enables access to jobs, education, health care, and other needs that ensure an equitable and thriving community. This means advocating for not only equitable and convenient bus, streetcar, and ferry service but a more dignified transit experience.
We’re looking for someone with the following attributes:
• A community organizer at heart with an outgoing personality and ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage diverse projects simultaneously
• Social media savvy - fluent in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
• Graphic design skills aren’t a must but a plus!
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Basic level math skills • Interpersonal skills and self-motivation
• A positive, proactive, and personable team player
• Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
• Special interest in building power among low-income people of color and fighting for social, economic, and racial justice through advocacy and education.
Specific duties of the Outreach Liaison include:
• Tabling at public events
• Survey transit riders and follow up with individual transit riders
• Help create and maintain an outreach database of riders -- potential advocates
• Create social media transit-related content Transit Education
• Help create easy-to-understand documents and/or presentations about the importance of transit/transit advocacy
• Assist RIDE efforts to organize transit-focused roundtables for transit-dependent youth
We’re excited to bring someone on for 2020 and look forward to working with all levels/backgrounds of professional experience!
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Outreach Liaison”:
• Brief cover letter
• Writing sample or social media sample
o Writing sample: So much of working with transit riders is listening and then re-telling their story to decision-makers. We’d like to see a writing sample you already have or a short review of the last time you had to take transit. Don’t take transit? That’s ok, tell us why.
o Social Media sample: We don’t need to see your personal social media, but we’d like to see your style! Take a picture (bonus if it's transit-related) and caption it! OR grab an article you just read and posted on Facebook or Twitter and give us a blurb - what was it about and what are your opinions on the article?
Ride New Orleans – the region’s leading advocate for better bus, streetcar, and ferry service – is looking for a part-time Outreach Liaison to work directly with transit riders to tell their stories and leverage them to win better policies for…