1 E Del Mar Circle
The Administrative Assistant supports the mission and ministry of St. Stephen’s by coordinating communications for the congregation both externally and internally and managing the administrative tasks related to the church. The Administrative Assistant serves at the discretion of, is supervised by, and is accountable to the Rector of St. Stephen’s. The Administrative assistant is often the first contact with parishioners and members of the public and therefore serves as an ambassador for St. Stephen’s both in person as well as through written and online publications.
Manage the church office
· Maintain the parish office as a space of welcome that reflects the values of inclusion and hospitality.
· Answer the church phone, respond to church emails, and manage the mail.
· Provide administrative support to the rector and the vestry including: preparing meeting documents, making document copies, sending out mailings, and other duties as assigned.
· Maintain inventory and order office supplies as needed.
· Maintain office machines, including arranging repairs and service.
Oversee Church Communications
· Prepare and publish worship bulletin weekly and on an as needed basis
· Prepare and publish bulletins for special liturgies (weddings, funerals, special events, etc)
· Manages communications for church including website maintenance, social media, monthly newsletter, and advertising
· Maintain bulletin boards and other signs in the physical plant.
· Coordinates volunteers to assist with communications, mailings, copying, and other areas as related to the position.
Maintain Church Database and Records
· Maintain membership records and other records related to the church.
· Prepare and publish Parish Annual Report
· Maintain an organized filing system.
· File Diocesan, state, and federal documents as required, and remain current with Diocesan communications meetings whenever possible
· Produce reports, directories and other documents under the direction of the Rector.
Oversee Building Use
· Coordinate and maintain the parish calendar. Be the main contact for all groups beyond the parish who utilize our facilities.
· Maintain a key log of all key holders.
· Coordinate with and research vendors as needed
· Excellent interpersonal communication
· Excellent writing skills, experience designing and laying out written materials preferred
· Ability to use software programs required for parish operations including Microsoft Office and Publisher and database management software.
· A current and working knowledge of media, communications, technology options, and information management systems within the context of a parish church or small non-profit organization
· Experience recruiting and managing volunteers, and a demonstrated ability to work with persons of other cultures, with different personalities, and/or learning and personal styles
· A strong ability to multi-task, with an attention to details
· An efficient and dependable work ethic
· Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
· Ability to work effectively with indigent, homeless or other persons in need.
· Experience working in a faith community or familiarity with the Episcopal Church ideal but not required.
Minimum Education Required