Position Summary: As a member the Children’s Aid Community School team at Curtis High School, the Social Worker will be responsible for implementation of the mental health component of the Carrera Pregnancy Prevention model in collaboration with Carrera and school staff within a high school. Candidate will work with primarily High School students ranging in ages 14 through 21 during school hours.
- Group Work – Conduct psycho-educational groups, using group process and established content to build coping skills, enhance self-esteem, reduce isolation, and remove obstacles to learning. Develop and modify content to respond to the needs of the participants.
- Clinical Casework – Working from a strengths-based perspective, provide individual, group, and family counseling, crisis intervention, conflict mediation, assessment and referral services to participants and their families. Identify and respond to the concrete needs of participants and their families.
- Collaboration – Work closely with Carrera and school staff by participating in inter-disciplinary and inter-agency meetings, and performing tasks to support all of the systems within the school. Participate in and/or lead off-hour activities, including occasional Saturday hours.
- Maintain documentation on our web-based information system, including the mental health contact sheets, treatment plans, psychosocial assessments and monthly group notes.
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision, site supervision, weekly team meetings, and monthly Mental Health In-service meetings, staff development, and team building activities.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work and New York State Licensure (LMSW) required. Masters in Mental Health Counseling degree considered.
- Experience (two years minimum) in working with the 14 -21 age group.
- Group Work experience preferred.
- The ability to quickly assess situations and develop interventions.
- A High level of interpersonal skill is required in order to interact effectively with stakeholders, students and colleagues during periods of emotional stress.
- Flexibility to use clinical skills outside of a traditional clinical setting.
- Sense of humor.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online through Children’s Aid website – Job ID: 002823
Children's Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability