The Bridge mission is to change lives, by offering help, hope and opportunity to the most vulnerable in our community. We offer a comprehensive range of evidence-based rehabilitative services, including mental health and substance abuse treatment, housing, vocational training and job placement, healthcare, education and creative art therapies. Bridge services are tailored to each individual we serve to support their recovery and independent living goals. Thousands of men and women have benefitted from Bridge services, helping them lead more productive, independent and satisfying lives. To learn more about The Bridge, go to http://thebridgeny.org
The Bridge is currently seeking an Assistant Residence Manager.
Under the supervision of the Residence Manager, the Assistant Residence Manager is responsible for providing rehabilitative services to individual residents living in a residential setting.
· Assist with overseeing the day-to-day operations of two licensed residences serving adults with SPMI and histories of homelessness, psychiatric hospitalizations, and incarceration.
· Available on call 24/7; provide assistance with the supervision to the residential staff.
· Ensure that staff uses Motivational Interviewing and Trauma Informed practices;
· Review and sign-off on documentation completed by the residence counselors, and
· Monitor the appropriateness and quality of the standards of care.
· Performs restorative services and ADL’s to assist clients with cooking, cleaning, general apartment maintenance, shopping, traveling, taking medication, symptom management, personal hygiene, money management, self-advocacy, utilizing community resources and other areas as appropriate.
· Provides timely documentation services, including restorative services and/or weekly progress notes and weekly site visit reports as applicable.
· Communicate with referral sources, participate in assessment interviews with prospective clients, and engage residents prior to admission to ensure successful transition;
· Provide crisis intervention to clients in distress, attend case conferences for clients who are receiving services at community providers or are hospitalized;
· Link clients to services provided at The Bridge or other community-based organizations and ensure coordination of care between other providers and the residential program;
· Enter progress notes into AWARDS electronic case records following all meetings and collaborations concerning clients.
· Complete required monthly reports as assigned;
· Assist the Residence Manager with hiring and training of new staff; actively participate in staff meetings, clinical treatment meetings, community meetings with clients and trainings.
· Manages crisis within the residential setting utilizing recognized crisis intervention strategies and appropriate incident reporting.
· Duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 2 years’ experience, Master’s Degree in Counseling is preferred.
· Previous employment of working in a supportive residential program and/or with individuals with serious mental illness and backgrounds homelessness
· Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office, and spreadsheets.
· Knowledge of AWARDS preferred.
· Strong problem solving and organizational skills
· Experience providing evidence-based practices to persons with mental illness/addictive disorders, strongly preferred
For serious applicants: Please include a Cover Letter with Resume for consideration.
Minimum Education Required