ACMH, a well-respected not-for-profit which promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing is seeking a Case Manager, Single Site- Positions in Manhattan, Queens, & the Bronx.
· Conducts home visits on a regular basis for assigned case load.
· Obtains psychosocial histories and conducts functional skills assessments.
· Establishes and maintains liaison with primary provider of psychiatric care.
· Assures access to psychiatric, substance abuse and medical services, and entitlement benefits.
· Monitors client medication, including adherence and side-effects.
· Develops an individualized rehabilitation plan (Service/Support Plan) in accordance with client needs, strengths, and goals and in consultation with the treatment team and others of the client’s choice.
· Delivers community rehabilitation services according to individual need, including: Assertiveness/Self Advocacy Training, Community Integration Services/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills Training, Health Services, Medication Management Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitation Counseling, Skill Development Services, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, and Symptom Management.
· Documents client response to service, progress and regressions, and regularly updates the Service/Support Plan.
· Trains clients in safety procedures and conducts fire drills and self-preservation tests.
· Prepares residents for transition to independent living and makes necessary referrals.
· Facilitates crisis intervention in the event of an emergency.
· Staffs Emergency Cell-Phone on a rotating basis.
· Maintains client charts and submits necessary notes and reports, including incident reports, in compliance with agency procedures.
· Oversees maintenance of apartments, inventories furniture, and alerts program director of maintenance problems.
· Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
· Provides coverage as needed for other staff on the program team.
· Serves as “Qualified Mental Health Staff Person”
· Duties as assigned by supervisor.
Possess a Master’s degree in psychology or a related field or a Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field with significant experience in the field.
Minimum Education Required