The Communications & Marketing Director oversees the organization’s internal and external communications efforts with input from the CEO and major program directors. The Communications & Marketing Director ensures that Tapestry’s communications are consistent, accurate, timely, and engaging across various platforms, including email marketing, social media, and web content, and that all messaging aligns with and advances the organizational mission. The Communications Director tailors messaging to multiple audiences, including clients, families, providers, donors and policymakers. The Director also helps monitor analytics to determine how to improve engagement with these communities over time. The Communications & Marketing Director is an integral member of the Tapestry’s Senior Leadership Team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop, with input from senior leadership, and implement a communications strategy and agency messaging across all programs to ensure consistent branding for the organization, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences, including internally.
· Partner with the Development Director on campaign concept design to ensure that campaigns align with agency's mission and vision and overall communication strategy.
· Use reporting and analytics to track and measure the effectiveness of the communication and marketing strategy over time.
· Carry out Tapestry public relations and external communications responsibilities, including but not limited to drafting official agency statements and press releases, managing communication with press and media contacts, developing talking points and messaging on behalf of leadership, assisting with crisis communication, etc.
· Work with the CEO to execute internal communications consistent with the overall communications strategy.
· Manage the communications calendar to ensure that content is produced, posted, and promoted in a timely and effective manner.
· Ensure that agency voice and brand standards are maintained in all print collateral and digital content including, but not limited to, campaign materials, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, radio advertisements, videos, Tapestry Health’s website, swag and internal and external communications.
· Supervise a Marketing Assistant who will execute strategy set by Director for social media, Tapestry’s website, print collateral and digital content for marketing.
· Identify new opportunities for Tapestry to highlight campaigns, programs and events .
Other duties as assigned by CEO
This position is based at Tapestry’s Administrative Office in Springfield, MA but some travel to other sites is required (travel roughly 20% of position). Occasional weekend and evening hours required.
· Excellent writing skills
· Strong strategic communications planning
· Experience in web content strategy
· Ability to balance the needs of multiple programs and projects at one time
· Self-motivated and capable of working with limited supervision
· Must be upbeat, problem-solver, and collaborator
· Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
· Passion for Tapestry mission
· At least 5 years’ experience in communications, marketing, and/or public relations that includes a blend of advocacy and media relations
· Experience specifically in communications for nonprofit organizations, with experience in public health desirable
· Proven track record of improving engagement over time
· Expertise in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, WordPress or other web editing/content management systems, Constant Contact or other email marketing systems, and social media platforms. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, PhotoShop, InDesign and/or Illustrator preferred
· Working knowledge of graphic design
· Basic understanding of SEO
The Communications & Marketing Director oversees the organization’s internal and external communications efforts with input from the CEO and major program directors. The Communications & Marketing Director ensures that…