Details: Compensation to be determined upon hire
Tenancy Preservation Program (TPP)
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
We offer a generous benefits package and a comprehensive orientation and training program, as well as ample opportunities for advancement for qualified individuals who show a commitment to our mission.
The Tenancy Preservation Program Regional Coordinator (TPP) serves as a neutral party to preserve the tenancies of persons at risk of eviction due to lease violations resulting from a disability. (TPP) sets up services that will enable the tenancy to be viable for both tenant and property manager. This includes the new earlier prevention “Upstream Model.” (TPP) will coordinate all aspects of the program for the Metro South region including, monitoring trends and collecting data, educating area service providers and agencies about the program, as well as provide on-site mediation assistance in both the Metro South Housing Court Division and on local housing properties. This position requires 2-5 years of experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Evaluate referrals and consults as necessary and determine which meet the appropriate criteria for open cases.
- Report to Southeast Housing Court Division one day per week to assist tenants with court process and mediation services.
- Assist in building pre-NTQ partnerships with LL/PMs in adherence to the new “Upstream Model” participation agreement.
- Complete all intake paperwork including TPP service agreement, initial assessment, and signing of releases for open case files.
- Create individual service plan for each tenant. This service plan should clearly reflect the steps needed to preserve the tenancy and maintain self-sufficiency.
- Monitor service plan and participation agreement compliance with on-site visits and regularly scheduled check-ins.
- Collaborate regularly with all involved service agencies to ensure tenant is completing necessary tasks and assist tenant to complete those tasks.
- Provide tenant, landlord/property manager, and legal representatives with updates regarding progress, and all identified ongoing issues.
- Inform tenant and landlord/property manager verbally and in writing when case is to be closed and the services left in place.
- Inform landlord/property manager that TPP is involved with the tenant, as well as all compliance or non-compliance with service plan.
- Collect and maintain client information in agency database system.
- Maintain accurate case notes on all interaction and progress with client in case file.
- Provide outreach and assessment in the community as deemed necessary by supervisor or other administrator within the organization.
- Participate in regularly scheduled agency and community meetings.
Skills & Competencies:
- Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
- Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
- Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; Articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
- Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
- Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
- Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
- Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and adheres to the Operating Principles of Father Bill’s & MainSpring and works as part of a team toward a common goal.
- Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter & resume to email@example.com and indicate in subject line of email position you are applying for.