BYP100 is seeking a part-time Bookkeeper (10-15 hours/week) to manage day-to-day accounting and finance requirements for our Education Fund (a 501c3) and Action Fund (a 501c4) entities, which includes two separate organizational budgets. It is imperative that this person be able to work collaboratively with staff, chapters/members, board, and our audit firm to help steward our finances and maintain legal compliance.
This position is based in Chicago at our national office.
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary range begins at $22,000 for 10-15 hours per week
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, city and organizational policies, procedures, and regulations
- Maintain budget, all financial transactions, and chart of accounts utilizing QuickBooks Online Premier Nonprofit accounting software. This includes monitoring, inputting, and reconciling transactions from revenue and/or expense generating accounts: Chase, Paypal, Powerbase (civicCRM), ActBlue, PEX, etc.
- Assess current accounting software, identify other or more robust systems to better manage BYP100’s growing financial needs, and make appropriate recommendations;
- Manage all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables: Ensure that all bills are paid in a timely fashion, funds are received per contract terms, maintain contracts and W-9s for all vendors, etc.
- Prepare checks and present to Directors for review and signature.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll processing
- Coordinate printing and dissemination of W2s and 1099s
- Assess current payroll provider, identify alternatives that tracks time for both entities, work for salaried, hourly, and contractual personnel, tracks vacation and holiday time, stores employees paystubs, W2s/1009s, etc.
- Manage expense reporting and reimbursements processes for staff, chapters/members, and board
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for all financial transactions and pertinent financial documents
- Assist Managing Director in yearly budgeting process for entities, teams, and chapters.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly finance reports for staff, chapters/members, and boards.
- Coordinate and support all audit activity and preparation of 990 by external audit firm
- Create Fiscal Calendar or process to track deadlines and renewals related to insurances, state and federal compliance, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience (3+ years) in finance: financial planning, nonprofit accounting, and familiarity with software accounting systems.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks required.
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience with budget development and forecasting
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume plus a cover letter that details your most recent accounting or bookkeeping experience, highlighting financial controls or processes that you have implemented, including successes and barriers to this implementation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
BYP100 is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, femme, LGBTQ, and non-college degree holders to apply. BYP100 prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.