We believe that working at Goodwill is more than collecting a paycheck. We are a mission driven and diverse nonprofit organization that values safety, belonging and learning in the workplace. We invest in our employees through training and creating opportunities for advancement. Through a combination of on-the-job and skill-based training, you will have an opportunity to develop marketable skills that will serve you at Goodwill and beyond. Most importantly, we are in the business of people and believe people deserve second chances. Invest in yourself and a new, rewarding future. Apply for a position to join the Goodwill team today.
The Social Impact Analyst is responsible for developing, implementing and reporting on a variety of metrics related to SFGoodwill’s career services, training and other Mission Advancement activities. The position is also responsible for documenting and improving processes, and will be the key data interface with mission related programs and service. The Data Analyst directly reports to the Director of Program Strategy and is part of SFGoodwill’s Mission Advancement team.
- Design and analyze program evaluation; employee and client satisfaction surveys.
- Generate relevant data reports and presentations for government reporting, grant reporting, annual reports and presentation to other stakeholders.
- Automate workforce reporting metrics and develop dashboards to deliver insights at scale.
- Analyze large data sets to distill insights from data and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations and execute presentations.
- Determine relevant approach for predictive analysis, including data requirements, trade-offs in analytical methods and interpretation of results.
- Coordinate accreditation activities, including data collection and site visit preparation. Oversee administration and analysis of annual employee survey
- Build models to assess trends, project needs, surface challenges, and estimate costs
- Ensure data quality processes; drive consistent use and adoption of measures, hierarchies, tools and reporting standard
- Participate in opportunities for continued training and development
- Model company policies, procedures and guidelines while working on assigned tasks
- Serve as a training resource to less experienced staff
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with teammates and colleagues across the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in data analysis and management or program evaluation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Expertise in database management, reporting, visualization, and data analysis
- Experience collaborating on projects involving multiple teams and presenting data analysis and visualization.
- A demonstrated interest in SFGoodwill’s Mission of providing second chances through employment and training.
- Proficiency with basic to intermediate tasks within Microsoft Office Suite applications and various cloud based office applications
- Proficient mathematical skills
- Ability to work respectfully and cooperatively with diverse group of individuals from a variety of educational, social and economic backgrounds
- Respectful of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all
- Follow and promote workplace quality and safety standards and contribute to a culture of safety
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Strive for high customer satisfaction, going out of the way to be helpful and pleasant
- Professional demeanor with the ability to exercise discretion and judgment in confidential matter
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Today, Goodwill San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin stands as the original social enterprise model with 20 popular retail locations, 26 donation sites and a thriving eCommerce shopping platform. A beloved and trusted community resource, Goodwill serves the region’s neediest neighborhoods by providing critical job training and support services that transform the lives of thousands of individuals and families through the power of work.