Details: Competitive Salary
Co-located in Boston, Massachusetts and Brighton, Massachusetts, Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) is an innovative non-profit organization with a dedicated and talented workforce of 118 employees. We implement and evaluate upward mobility programs and work directly with low-income families and in low-income communities throughout the state, nation, and world.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES OPPORTUNITY
EMPath is a highly innovative organization in the forefront of poverty disruption in the United States. Diverse intellectual talent acquisition, staff advancement, and engaging retention practices are the spine of our organizational success---a success heavily reliant on continuous learning and collaborative action. The HR Director's strategy for finding talent in new ways, for current and future needs, is critical. The HR director is thus a strategic force, trusted expert, and advisor within EMPath and reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Astute and timely talent acquisition
- Careful assessment of extant staffing patterns, staff planning, and performance management
- New Hire Benefits Administration
- Use and management of ADP to create efficiencies
- Ensure the performance management process is consistent, effective and enhanced
- Make and evaluate strategic recommendations for compensation structures
- Participate in the development of hiring managers
- Ensure certain workplace standards are met, and that employee concerns and requests are addressed
- Develop interactive onboarding systems
- Participate in and offer strategic leadership in retention
- Serve as an astute information resource to both employees and senior management
- Work with leadership to solve challenges related to health and safety needs
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on the thoughtful but timely identification of new talent to fill key organizational roles
- Acquire an excellent understanding of how EMPath operates
- Reduce hiring lag from posting to staff orientation
- Management of HR direct report
- Adhere to reporting requirements, including EEO and OSHA, among others
- Periodically update Personnel Handbook and Job Descriptions
- Review Exit interview data and synthesize findings by department
- Periodically communicate findings of Exit Interview data to E-Team, COO, VPs, directors, etc.
- CORI policy/implementation
- Administration of FMLA
- Review of job classifications
- Work closely with legal counsel as necessary
- Provide support for aspiring professionals
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES QUALIFICATIONS
- BS or BA degree is required--MA is preferred; HR Certification is required.
- At least five to ten years of job experience in Human Resources with significant recruitment management and supervisory experience.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Good problem solving and sound decision making skills
- Self-awareness and capacity to serve as an exemplar
- Evidence of urgency and capacity to hire diverse talent and help cultivate a healthy workplace culture.
- Keen awareness of and respect for the EMPath mission and brand
- Highly collaborative and trustworthy
- Conciseness and correctness of expression in oral and written English Communication
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Advance Use of Computer (Microsoft Excel and Graphics)
- Knowledge of Data Systems Integration and Data Analysis
- Knowledge of ADP is preferred
- Unimpeachable Integrity
- Working Knowledge of Employment Law
- Collaborative Personality
- Working Knowledge of Spanish (desirable)
PHYSICAL DEMAND/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Work is performed in an office environment. Some traveling may be required between Boston area locations.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply for this position through EMPath's career page. Resume and cover letter required.