Details: $16.00 / hour, plus monthly MetroCard
One Whitehall Street
The Battery is one of New York City’s oldest public open spaces, located at the tip of Manhattan overlooking New York Harbor. The Battery Conservancy was created in 1994 to rebuild The Battery and Castle Clinton National Monument, in partnership with city, state, federal agencies, and private donors. The Park Maintainer position is full-time, seasonal, and non-exempt. As a field employee of The Battery Conservancy, you will be directed to work as needed by overall operations management.
• Perform routine maintenance including but not limited to: picking up trash and debris from all park areas, collecting garbage, sweeping and blowing of all pathways, steps and plazas, cleanliness and sanitation of comfort stations.
• Remove of graffiti, stickers, and gum from all park features and surfaces.
• Operate and properly maintain tools and equipment.
• Provide general assistance to the Conservancy operations staff.
• Assist, as necessary and directed, during snow emergencies and special events.
• Serve as an ambassador of The Battery Conservancy, answering park visitors’ questions about the park and general park information.
• 1 year of experience, outdoor a plus
• Work well in a team or alone, and in all weather conditions
• Perform heavy physical labor on a daily basis; must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 1pm – 9pm; shifts to 2pm-10pm for Summer
Resume deadline April 27th, 2018
Position starts May 1, 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Include Park Maintainer in subject line. No phone calls.
TBC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. Women, minorities, and POC are encouraged to apply.