258 Main Street
Head of Marketing
The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum is seeking an energetic marketing professional to join the team as Head of Marketing. Founded in 1964, The Aldrich is dedicated to fostering the work of pioneering artists whose ideas and interpretations of the world around us serve as a platform to encourage creative thinking. It is the only museum in Connecticut devoted to the art of our time, and throughout its fifty four-year history, has been a leading figure in current cultural dialogue presenting pioneering exhibitions of contemporary art, engaging its community through thought provoking interdisciplinary programs, and presenting innovative educational initiatives.
Working with the senior administration, the Head of Marketing develops and implements outreach strategies to further the Museum’s organizational goals. On a day-to-day basis the position oversees institutional messaging, media relations, advertising, e-communications, social media, and select in-house marketing collateral, working closely with all museum departments. The Head of Marketing sets the strategic marketing framework for key areas of outreach and cultivation, including exhibitions, public programs, membership and events. The Head of Marketing supervises the Graphic Designer and the Communications Manager.
· Manage development and production of institutional marketing materials: monthly calendar, website, eblasts, direct mail, etc.
· Maintain consistency of key messaging and positioning for institution across all promotional materials, advertising, and on-line outreach
· With Graphic Designer and Communications Manager, maintain consistency of visual identity of the Museum and its brand across all platforms
· Regularly assess the effectiveness of marketing strategies and recommend innovative tactics/methods for effective audience development and communication
· Create annual advertising strategies and budgets to most effectively promote the Museum
· Cultivate, develop, and maintain media partnerships
· Manage all advertising content
· Maintain up to date, accurate content for all promotional materials, develop and oversee production of monthly calendar, and ensure regular review with all relevant staff to build out related content for web and other outreach methods ensuring timely release of information; responsible for staff reminders to keep material development on track
· Participate in regular meetings with Education, Exhibition and Development staff to identify marketing needs and ensure accurate and timely release of promotional materials
· Manage/support membership marketing efforts i.e. eblasts, direct mail, etc.
· Work with Visitor Services team and Development department to devise strategies and platforms to promote membership sales, and market member events and programs
· Work with and oversee digital marketing and public relations consultants
· Pull targeted lists on Raiser’s Edge for email and direct mail materials
· Manage all aspects of the marketing of the annual Gala Benefit and other fundraising events in Connecticut and New York City including e-blasts and event program
Candidate must have:
· 5 to 10 years of marketing and management experience in an arts environment
· Strong writing and interpersonal skills
· Professional, friendly demeanor and interest in building interpersonal relationships with staff, artists, and vendors
· Experience working collaboratively across departments/work groups to achieve overall institutional goals
· Strong budgeting skills
· Raiser’s Edge or other comparable database knowledge and experience
· Ability to remain flexible and focused in a demanding work environment and prioritize deadlines and assignments effectively
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, with the subject line “Head of Marketing.” Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.