80 Maiden Lane, 11th Floor
The mission of Read Alliance is to improve the educational trajectory of underserved early elementary students through one-to-one tutoring in foundational reading skills.
Over the past 18 years, Read Alliance’s intervention program has proved to make a significant difference in the academic success of the students it has served. More than 15,000 early elementary students have received reading intervention through Read Alliance’s one-to-one model delivered by over 11,750 trained teen-aged tutors. Read Alliance pre- and post-assessment data has consistently shown that after just one program cycle, students who receive Read Alliance intervention average more than a full year’s growth in foundational reading skills as outlined in the Common Core Learning Standards.
The Development Assistant will report to Read Alliance’s Director of Development. This position will focus on the organization and management of Read’s fundraising database-Raiser’s Edge and other administrative tasks. The successful candidate will have experience in nonprofit fundraising tools and development offices, will have great attention to detail and be committed to READ’s mission.
Development Assistant Responsibilities
- Manages Read Alliance’s fundraising data base, Raiser’s Edge, including gift entering and running donor analysis and reports.
- Researches prospective donors and drafts thank you letters, proposals and reports, based on concepts and parameters established by the Director of Development to donors, foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Produces content for social media.
- Assists in coordinating the Annual Benefit Gala/Auction, including managing and designing all silent auction items & materials as well as keeping track of ticket sales and sponsorships.
- Handles other administrative and office tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with social media preferred.
- Experience with use of fundraising software databases such as Raiser’s Edge required.
- Strong communication, organizational, writing and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Strong computer skills required, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Some evening hours may be required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Development Assistant. Only candidates who submit all required materials will be considered. No phone calls please.