The Program Data Analyst supports the goals of the Data, Strategy and Evaluation (DSE) Department around the development and execution of a data strategy to execute data analytics and impact reporting and to strengthen our program data systems. Responsibilities include data management, data analytics, documentation of policies and procedures, database administration, and program evaluation support. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties can be assigned, and the duties and responsibilities of the job are subject to change without notice.
• Conduct regular program reporting and analyses to assess performance, and effectively communicate results across the organization.
• Analyze data sets (e.g. program data, fundraising data, publicly available data, etc.), using a variety of analytical tools to unlock insights, measure effectiveness and use data to inform decision-making
• Collect, organize, and clean data collected internally in the organization, asking the right questions to address issues raised by stakeholders
• Support the administration of the Salesforce and Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) Programs databases, including managing user accounts, answering staff questions, monitoring data entry timeliness and quality, de-duping records and keeping up-to-date with new features
• Support the development and adoption of data visualizations through automated dashboards
• Assist on Programs data system implementation and migration projects, including researching solutions and best practices, business process improvement planning, documentation of policy and procedures, data migration and cleaning, and training
• Support the monitoring and evaluation of programs, including database support, data entry and quality assistance as needed, logistics, training and coordination with program staff, survey administration, focus group facilitation, and documentation
• Support qualitative data collection processes such as client surveys or focus groups, both through direct client interactions and volunteer coordination, as well as analysis to produce reports on client demographics and impact
• Pull ad hoc data and fact check data used in grant proposals, reports, presentations and communications materials
• Consolidate data statistics from published research sources and create digestible summaries for various stakeholders
• Analytical Skills: ability to analyze and synthesize data using a variety of data analysis tools.
• Problem Solver: uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is intellectually curious; strong critical thinker.
• Detail oriented: ability to successfully manage all aspects of projects with the highest degree of professionalism and attention to detail.
• Planning Skills: excellent organization; attention to details; proven ability to multi-task; meets deadlines; measures performance against goals.
• Action Oriented: results driven; ability to adapt based on changing priorities and lessons learned; delivers high quality products.
• Interpersonal skills: ability to work independently and collaboratively; widely trusted; able to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders including colleagues, volunteers, clients and other community members
• Cultural Humility: work effectively across cultures; demonstrates a commitment to learning, communicating and working respectfully with people different from themselves.
• Commitment to the mission and values of GLIDE.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BA degree and 2+ years of experience, preferably in a non-profit environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills;
• Ability to research, analyze, compose and communicate written and verbal reports;
• Ability to relay data to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data.
• Proficiency with MS Office with advanced level capability in Excel;
• Experience with statistical, graphical, and data analysis tools, such as R, Python or Tableau preferred.
• Experience in database management and querying preferred;
• Experience with Salesforce and/or Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) a plus;
The physical demands described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to see within normal parameters;
• Ability to hear within normal range;
• Communication skills using the spoken and written word;
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction; finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard. Able to use equipment typically found in an office environment;
• Ability to bend or otherwise reach up or down as necessary;
• Ability to move about the building and community as needed. Ability to move quickly to address emergency or potentially dangerous situations;
• Must be able to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds;
• As this position requires long periods of sitting and repetitive use of telephone, computer, and other office equipment, the employee must take frequent short breaks, integrate stretching into his or her daily duties to avoid musculoskeletal disorders, and safely operate appropriate ergonomic equipment as supplied by the employer.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Fast paced, with frequent interruptions, demanding social service environment;
• Noise level is moderate to noisy, and lighting is conducive to completion of work;
• The employee may be exposed to air borne pathogens;
• Glide’s buildings are located in the Tenderloin neighborhood. Due to our surroundings, extra caution must be taken when going to and from our buildings. GLIDE maintains an "open door" policy to the community and its clients, who frequently enter and leave the building.
The Program Data Analyst supports the goals of the Data, Strategy and Evaluation (DSE) Department around the development and execution of a data strategy to execute data analytics and impact reporting and to strengthen our program data…
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At GLIDE, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume for immediate consideration. Help us get to know you by including a note about yourself, plus any additional info that might be relevant!
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental…