Details: The Foundation Director is a full time position with competitive salary and benefits.
This position is a rewarding opportunity for a proven manager and fundraising professional to lead a small, established nonprofit organization that serves people with ALS and their families. The mission of the Brigance Brigade Foundation is to equip, encourage and empower people living with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. The Director will be responsible for leading the organization’s growth and success in revenue generation and mission delivery.
- The Director reports to the Chairman of the Board and serves as a primary resource for the Board of Directors regarding the mission, vision and structure of the organization.
- The Director provides the overall leadership and management for implementation of strategies designed to create cost effective and on-going sources of revenue, community presence, and mission enhancement.
- The Director is responsible for managing an annual budget and directing the daily operations to achieve annual goals and objectives of the Foundation.
- Establishes an annual income development plan in concert with the Board of Directors which includes activities devoted to individual and corporate donor cultivation, retention, and acknowledgement.
- Evaluates the resources within the organization and develops short and long term plans for growing support.
- Plans and implements all special events and fundraising projects
- Cultivates and acquires major gifts and contributions through relationships, grants, sponsorships, and other direct or in-kind support.
- Continually evaluates internal and external resources and revenue potential, locally and globally, for all development activities; implements short and long term strategies to ensure income stability and steady growth.
- Serves as the primary liaison to the Board of Trustees in its fund raising responsibilities.
Community Involvement and Public Relations
- Actively promotes the organization and mission to enhance visibility and build engagement with corporate and community leaders, stakeholders, and the general public
- Provides overall management for all relationships involving public relations and media services and supports
- Showcases the organization’s Patient Grant Program and generates interest in new forms of support to enable program expansion
- Administers and supports the organization's financial and accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of its financial reports.
- Ensures and oversees the preparation of reports, records and other documentation regarding the progress and status of the organization's plans and activities.
- Administers overall operations of the Foundation, including reviewing and evaluating results and allocating resources for peak effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performs personnel management functions.
- Supports all activities associated with the Board of Directors, including planning and staffing Board and Committee meetings; developing organizational and administrative policies and objectives for Board consideration; providing information and strategic guidance for the Chairman of the Board and Board of Directors; and implementing Board building activities to support a strong Board of Directors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of progressively responsible fundraising and management experience in a nonprofit organization
- Knowledge and skill in nonprofit revenue generation with emphasis on proven fund raising results in special events
- Proficiency in fiscal management
- Ability to leverage relationships and negotiate agreements
- Skilled in exercising sound judgment with keen analytical abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer savvy and highly organized with attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple activities and priorities with tight timelines
- Has compassion for people with ALS and their families and enthusiasm for the mission of the Foundation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and list of three professional references to Sharon Yateman, Chair, Search Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.