Details: Commensurate based on experience.
1717 Columbia Road Northwest
District of Columbia
Christ House in Washington, DC seeks a Director of Operations.
Christ House is a medical respite facility in Washington, DC for men experiencing homelessness who have acute medical needs. We provide 24-hour medical care in a residential setting for patients who are too sick to be on the street or in a shelter, but are not sick enough to stay in the hospital.
We are currently seeking a highly competent, mission-driven, full-time Director of Operations to oversee all building-related operations for Christ House and Emmanuel House, including but not limited to: Supervising all custodial functions, maintenance functions, safety and security functions, and overseeing and coordinating all vendor contracts, licenses, and permits related to building operations. The Director of Operations directly supports the overall operation of Christ House, including administrative on-call coverage as needed on evenings and weekends. The Director of Operations also provides administrative coverage when the Executive Director is off site or away.
- Supervise our Environmental Services team, including 3 full-time Custodians and Kairos Work Program members at Christ House.
- Demonstrate general and technical knowledge of the overall environmental services approach with a working knowledge of proper infection control practices and procedures, including buffing and stripping/waxing the clinical unit floor and ordering and maintaining custodial supply stock.
- Coordinate coverage for our 24/7 facility including holidays, and provide shift coverage in case of unscheduled absences, illness, or inclement weather.
- Supervise Maintenance Services, including a full-time Maintenance Coordinator.
- Create and oversee a weekly maintenance schedule and/or task list for Maintenance Coordinator and supervise its completion. Perform a weekly walk-through of facilities to identify building issues needing attention.
- Oversee and coordinate maintenance projects and contractors around a 24/7 clinical operation, including large-scale renovations, structural repairs, and updates; coordinate work with other departments as needed.
- Oversee Safety & Security Management, ensuring that security procedures are established, followed and in compliance.
- Oversee facilities-related Vendor Contracts, Licenses, and Permits Management and maintain an organized file system for contracts, work tickets, and invoices.
- Provide administrative support when the Executive Director is off site or away.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- A self-starter with an exceptional ability to multitask.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan strategically and an ability to be flexible when plans change.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate well with diverse constituents and staff.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding decisions involving system structures.
- Commitment to accountability and data-driven decision making.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to be present during holidays and some evenings and weekends a must.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Employer paid short and long term disability.
- 403B plan with employer matching contribution.
- Generous accrued annual vacation, personal and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English. Bilingual in English/Spanish, desired.
Minimum Education Required