Details: Compensation Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
423 West 55th Street
ABOUT THE SHED: Scheduled to open in early 2019 on the west side of Manhattan where the High Line meets Hudson Yards, The Shed will be the first multi-arts center to commission, produce, and present all types of performing arts, visual arts, and popular culture, in a sophisticated and future-facing technological frame.
The Shed will be a place of significant cultural and societal impact, where the world’s leading artists and creative minds can make art that helps forge tomorrow’s world, and where audiences from all walks of life can experience this art together.
For more information, see: http://www.theshed.org
The Shed seeks a Finance Associate to work as a member of a small but highly accomplished and skilled team. The Finance Associate is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the general ledger and will report to the Controller.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Manage and perform the daily accounting activities of The Shed:
· Process and record accounts payable, manage purchase orders, and reconcile against A/P aging; maintain vendor files
· Work with Development and Ticketing departments to monitor and reconcile contributions, pledges, ticket sales, rentals, and special event revenue
· Process, allocate and enter payroll costs across departments
· Execute month-end close, including preparation of financial reports
· Prepare short- and long-term cash flow analyses
· Manage corporate card expenses and staff reimbursement process
· Assist in annual audit and preparation of federal filings including IRS Form 990
· Assist with implementation of accounting platform
· Engage with internal staff for purposes of financial training and budget monitoring
· Develop effective and efficient procedures to maximize team resources
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Qualities
· B.A. in Accounting or Finance and 5+ years of non-profit experience.
· Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and GAAP
· A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a highly motivated, energetic team.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively toward solutions that benefit departments and the organization
· Impeccable attention to detail, excellent organizational, planning, prioritizing and time management skills
· Strong computer skills essential; advanced Excel user
· Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to HR@THESHED.ORG with “Finance Associate” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.