Earn Your Alternative Teacher License Through Boettcher Teacher Residency
- Job posted by Public Education and Business Coalition
WHO: You will be trained and supported by the Public Education & Business Coalition’s Boettcher Teacher Residency’s expert instructors and coaches who are committed to your success. Whether you’re a recent graduate or career changer, the residency experience sets the standard for teacher preparation and offers a unique pathway to transition careers.
WHAT: For one year, you will work side-by-side with a mentor teacher while completing licensure coursework and receiving field training. From day one, you will start building relationships with students and learning about best practices to support their learning. After successful completion of the residency year, you are eligible to obtain a Colorado Teacher’s License.
WHERE: Choose to learn in one of the following regions:
- Denver Metro
- Northwest Colorado (Eagle County)
- San Luis Valley
- Southwest Colorado
Obtain a Colorado Teacher’s License in one of the following content areas:
- Early Childhood Education (0-2nd grade)
- Elementary (K-6th grade)
- Secondary (6-12th grade): Math, Science, English and Social Studies
- Want to teach a non-core subject? Contact us to find out about additional placement opportunities.
The minimum requirements to apply include:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university earned by June of 2019.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or legally able to work in the U.S.
- Have obtained a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Obtain a Colorado Teaching License.
- Full year apprenticeship with a mentor teacher.
- Receive coursework that parallels with your classroom experience.
- Consistent feedback through field coaching.
- Graduate degree options from our university partners
- Post-residency support during hiring process.
- Access to five years of professional development from PEBC.
- A supportive network of fellow residents, mentors, instructors, coaches and alumni
Applications are now being accepted. The residency operates on rolling admissions but has key admission dates to ensure placement and successful mentor matching.
November 30, 2018
February 1, 2019
April 15, 2019
June 1, 2019
Visit www.pebc.org/boettcher-teacher-residency/ to apply or learn more.
Questions can be sent to email@example.com or call 303-861-1169 to speak with a recruiter.
Boettcher Teacher Residency is an initiative of the Public Education and Business Coalition (PEBC). In 2004, the Boettcher Foundation awarded PEBC with a grant to begin the Boettcher Teacher Residency. Since our first cohort, we’ve supported over 300 highly qualified teachers. Our teachers are beating the national average with over 96% staying in the classroom after five years in the profession.
Boettcher Teacher Residency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job
Minimum Education Required