The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the earned pay, retirement and health care benefits of federal employees, retirees and their survivors. NARFE’s mission is both critical and timely as Congress and the administration consider unprecedented cuts to federal pay and benefits.
We are currently seeking a very highly detail oriented Coordinator, Business Development and Events to assist, track, and carry out the day to day functions of the department with excellence. Additionally, the Coordinator, Business Development and Events will:
· Assist with the preparation of medium and large conferences ranging from 300-900 attendees. This includes maintaining event website, managing registration, ordering supplies, and coordinating speakers.
· Ensure sponsorship deliverables outlined in contracts are fulfilled with highest level of quality and in a timely manner. This includes logo management and placement, website exposure, managing sponsored emails and mailings and ordering conference related sponsored items such as tote bags, lanyards, etc…
· Works closely with director to manage Member Perk Affinity partner deliverables, promoting discounts to members in a consistent and organized manner.
· Assist manager and director to track all sales activity via database, including coding prospects, keeping contacts up to date, entering contract details in company record and pulling reports.
· Engage with marketing team to carry out marketing campaigns via email, publications and social media.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience within a sales role with an association. Applicants should also possess:
· The proven ability to be a self-starter, confident and proactive.
· Ability to work collaboratively as part of team and maintain positive interpersonal relationships
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong customer service orientation, relationship building skills and flexibility.
· Strong project management skills including planning, and scheduling.
· Highly detailed oriented, a critical thinker.
· Ability to perform job related duties during weekend and evening hours as needed and travel occasionally.
· Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Experience with Association Management Software and Content Management system preferred.
Our office is conveniently located near Braddock Road metro station in Old Town Alexandria. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), transit/parking, flexible spending accounts, 10 paid holidays, 15 days of vacation and 10 days of sick leave.
Come join NARFE and help us protect the earned rights and benefits of our federal employees. Please apply with the required documents, a cover letter, resume, salary requirements. NARFE is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the earned pay, retirement and health care benefits of federal employees, retirees and their survivors. NARFE’s mission is both…