Physicians' Union Worksite Organizer Position (Boston)
- Job posted by The Committee of Interns and Residents
771 Albany Street
The Committee of Interns and Residents, the largest resident physicians' union in the country, is looking to hire a worksite organizer in Boston, MA.
CIR is a nationwide, progressive, member-driven healthcare union representing 15,000 resident physicians. We fight to protect the workplace rights of doctors-in-training and improve the delivery of quality health care.
CIR is committed to fully engaging our physician-members on hospital worksite and CIR issues. To accomplish this, we need a highly driven and committed individual who has strong interpersonal communications skills, and can effectively solve problems. The organizer is responsible for building a strong CIR presence in the hospital worksites, developing member leaders, negotiating and enforcing the collective bargaining agreement and developing strategic relationships within the hospital and the community.
What you gain from a position with CIR:
- Hands-on experience enforcing a collective bargaining agreement for physicians, with the opportunity to develop and implement new ways of engaging physicians in their worksites.
- Opportunity to work directly with physicians-in-training, gaining an understanding of front line providers in the hospital setting.
- Opportunity to address issues related to access of affordable quality healthcare.
- Opportunity to develop skills in contract negotiations, health care economics and political advocacy.
- Competitive salary: $52,000-$76,000; commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
- Prior union or other organizing (political/community) experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage conflict and adversarial situations
- Ability to work independently, think critically, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Healthcare experience preferred, but not required
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, as necessary
CIR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org
health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In addition to a resume, we require a compelling cover letter that gives us a clear picture of who you are, and why you want to be a worksite organizer at CIR. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: MA Worksite Organizer Position.