Search Jobs | Submit an Application | Benefits | About Us | Careers Home Program Assistant to Chief Program Officer
The Program Assistant is a confidential position providing high-level administrative and program support to the Chief Program Officer (CPO). Responsibilities include collecting data, preparing and organizing statistical and program reports; handling client and staff matters, as assigned. The Program Assistant will also perform functions such as preparing correspondence, greeting visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. In addition to the reporting and administrative duties, the Executive/Program Assistant will require a working knowledge of the CPO duties and job functions in order to properly assist in the accomplishment of those duties. This position requires judgment, discretion, poise and excellent written and oral skills, and must have a flexible work schedule.
• Provide confidential administrative support for CPO including scheduling, word processing, preparing spreadsheets, maintaining files and other general office duties.
• Refine internal reporting systems to provide information on key program indicators. Produce monthly reports for all Program Managers
• Develop systems to track and share administrative information with program sites
• Refine and oversee a system to monitor regulatory compliance and funder reporting for mental health and HIV programs;
• Work with facilities management, human resources and finance to address program needs. Provide additional support and troubleshooting when needed;
• Receive, respond to, and/or direct clients complaints and/or concerns;
• Work in collaboration with QI staff and program managers to develop and improve policies and procedures under the direction of the CPO;
• Develop a system for tracking relevant RFPs; research new funding opportunities; oversee the submission of proposals;
• Assist in the development and writing of proposals;
• Establish and maintain tickler file Re: licenses, due dates for grant, progress reports and re-submissions, etc
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be detail oriented, organized and efficient. Able to improve administrative systems and create reports from data.
• Able to work independently, learn quickly and to accomplish multiple assignments simultaneously
• Effective high-level writing and communication skills.
• Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, compassionate, and culturally sensitive to persons who are diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.
• Able to accommodate flexible working hours; including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to communicate and interact with others tactfully and diplomatically, including COMUNILIFE executives, Sr. Staff, managers, employees, federal, State, and City officials, professional and technical groups, clients, and the general public.
Education and Experience Requirement(s)
Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field required. Masters Degree in Social Work Administration and or Administration/Clinical, Public Administration, Human Services or related field preferred. 1-2 years of field experience in Mental Health and HIV/AIDS programs performing administrative and clinical work. Some management experience is helpful. Bilingual in Spanish/English, required. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Walking and climbing stairs; regular travel within 5 boroughs
Certifications & Licenses Required
A valid driver’s license helpful.
General office environment; must travel throughout boroughs regularly
Competitive salary and benefits. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online
<iframe class="ql-video" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://staticxx.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter/r/lY4eZXm_YWu.js?version=42#channel=fd14702960e598&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fcomunilife.iapplicants.com"></iframe><iframe class="ql-video" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" src="https://staticxx.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter/r/lY4eZXm_YWu.js?version=42#channel=fd14702960e598&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fcomunilife.iapplicants.com"></iframe>
Minimum Education Required