Americorps Employment Services Success Coach - Refugee Services
- Job posted by Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
2505 Maine Ave
CCANO’s Refugee Services Program provides holistic case management to support refugee self-sufficiency for over 250 clients a year. The Employment Services Success Coach will enhance the effectiveness of CCANO’s Refugee Employment Services through the management of career counseling and financial literacy services to newly arrived refugees. These services include; applying for Employment Authorization Documents, budgeting, job readiness training, job placement follow-up, and job retention services. The Employment Services Success Coach will also provide general administrative support to the Employment Services program, as needed.
This position is for a full-time Americorps Employment Services Success Coach. For more information on the Americorps program, including stipend and other requirements, see: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach during job fairs and attendance at key workforce development events;
- Develop and manage relationships with employers, employment agencies, universities, and community-based organizations;
- Conduct comprehensive career counseling services;
- Conduct initial and ongoing client job retention initiatives;
- Provide regular support to employable clients;
- Manage the planning and implementation of financial literacy training;
- Develop and maintain thorough records of progress, contacts, and program goals and outcomes. Oversee employment services program evaluation activities and develop tools to measure program effectiveness.
- GED/ High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in social work, business, Latin American Studies or related field from an accredited institution preferred;
- Project management experience preferred;
- Cultural competence and a good understanding of diverse immigrant populations, as well as sensitivity to the special needs of refugee children, adults, and families;
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to maintaining effective and professional work relationships;
- Strong management and organizational skills, in particular time management and multi-tasking;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and maintain professionalism and confidentiality;
- Proficiency in Spanish, Arabic, Burmese, or other languages valued;
- Access to reliable personal transportation required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Lilian Alvarez at: email@example.com