Details: Salary depends on experience.
849 Valencia Street
We excited to announce a full-time opportunity with ScholarMatch, located either in our San Francisco or Los Angeles office. This position reports to the Director of People, Culture & Generosity, and will be a leader in the stewardship and fundraising for our growing organization. This person will collaborate with our exceptionally fun, smart, and caring Dev/Ops team, including our Director of Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives, Director of Community Engagement, Communications Manager, and Development Coordinator. Duties include leading fundraising vision, grantwriting and grants management, as well as individual fundraising.
Fundraising Strategy & Vision:
• With the Executive Director and Director of People, Culture & Generosity, manage and implement a multi-year, strategic fundraising plan
• Support the ongoing deepening of ScholarMatch’s fundraising vision: a model of generosity and nurturance rooted in relationship, community building, and interconnection, rather than a transactional process.
Grantwriting & Grants Leadership:
• Write and submit proposals for foundation and corporate grants in collaboration with relevant team members
• Create other collateral as-needed, including one-sheet flyers, budgets, research documents, pitch letters, and MOUs
• Collect information and develop materials about ScholarMatch’s programs to show progress and make strongest case for support
• Work closely with relevant staff to ensure funder reports are complete, timely and accurate
• Conduct ongoing research and successfully cultivate new grant prospects
• Manage efficient systems to ensure accurate records and timely communication with funders and oversee grants calendar and maintain up-to-date database for all institutional donors
Individual Donor Relationship Building:
• Responsible for holding a donor portfolio and regularly sharing our work with the phenomenal people who support us, through written materials, in-person meetings, and events
• Provide leadership around cultivation and moves management within the team
• Collaborate with the Director of People, Culture & Generosity, Communications Manager, and Development Coordinator on biannual mailings and online campaigns
• Collaborate with the Dev/Ops team in planning, execution, and follow up for events including annual Trivia Night fundraiser, Donor/Volunteer Gratitude Celebration, and student graduation celebration.
• Participate in team and department meetings as assigned
• Participate in bi-annual team offsite retreats
• Attend organizational events as appropriate
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 5+ years of full-time, progressively responsible fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector.
• Experience writing successful, high-quality grants, reports, and fundraising collateral.
• Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to plan and execute fundraising strategies with multiple priorities.
• Track-record in raising major gifts from individuals.
• Event planning experience.
• High degree of professionalism and outstanding communication skills.
• Strong intrapersonal skills, aptitude for building relationships.
• Ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively about ScholarMatch to varied audiences.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
• Understanding of and commitment to social justice, ScholarMatch’s mission and organizational values.
• Leadership skills, collaborative approach to work, and commitment to ethical fundraising practices rooted in generosity, community, and respect.
• Strong work ethic and be willing to do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
• Sense of humor.
ScholarMatch offers an exceptional benefits package, including:
- Generous PTO (starting at 20 days plus a staff-wide 'winter break' with reduced duties),
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision),
- 401k with company match,
- Transit benefits,
- Professional development and wellbeing support,
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years on staff
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the link above. You will be asked to respond to a few preliminary questions, provide your resume and cover letter, and supply a selection of writing samples, including at least one example of your grant writing abilities.
For more information, please visit scholarmatch.org/careers
With questions, please email email@example.com. Please note, we are not accepting resumes through this email address, but through the online submission process above.