Details: $19-$22 per hour depending on qualifications
1157 Lexington Avenue
Position Objective: The Scheduling and Events Coordinator reports to the Executive Director; this is a part-time position for between 15-25 hours per week. The Scheduling Coordinator will work directly with a cross-section of staff, volunteers, and congregants.
- Primary responsibility is to keep the master calendar of room reservations.
- Ensure all set-up information is accurate and provided to the facilities/custodial staff on a daily and weekly basis.
- Interact with congregants, congregational groups, and outside renters to ensure that the room usage is maximized.
- Where possible (given changing conditions of construction) engage in rental agreements to maximize revenues for church.
- Work very closely with the church’s facilities and custodial staff. The Scheduling and Events Coordinator is a key member of the facilities team -- the development of a sense of camaraderie and team-spirit with our trusted custodial staff is key to the success of the scheduling and events work at All Souls.
- Coordinate and schedule rentals from outside groups for events, weddings, and memorials.
- Keep a master list of all contracts
- Create and administer contracts for all outside groups
- Give “walk-throughs” of potential spaces to prospective renters, as appropriate.
- Attempt to match or exceed rental revenue proceeds from prior years.
- Periodically provide production support for special projects or events as requested.
- Joint supervision of custodial staff during production of major events
- Hands-on requirements (on rare occasions)
- As a back-up and support to two other part-time staff persons who have primary responsibility for Audio-Visual equipment, become familiar with the inventory and workings of all Audio-Visual equipment so you can advise and assist groups who are reserving space at the church.
- As a back-up and support to the HR and Finance Manager who is responsible for modest food orders for particular meetings and events, be familiar with the vendors, rates, and processes for ordering food.
- Invoice internal groups and outside renters for food orders, as appropriate.
- Meet regularly with Executive Director, and attend all meetings.
Qualifications and Required Proficiencies:
- Strong attention to detail.
- High level administrative experience in a busy office environment. Ability to prioritize tasks to manage several projects and meet all deadlines.
- Computer literacy (become a “power user” of the church’s current calendaring software “Facilities Scheduler”) and basic business writing skills.
- Good organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including approachability and personal warmth, tact and good judgment, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and the ability to listen compassionately to the needs of our congregants and outside renters.
- Ability to relate to people across a wide range of socio-economic classes.
- Experience working in a church community is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
About All Souls: All Souls Unitarian Church, established in 1819, is an active, self-governing community of approximately 2,000 people who come together to worship and serve in an enriching, non-dogmatic religious environment. All Souls is an accessible congregation dedicated to providing an environment in which all people feel welcome regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation or physical ability. All Souls sponsors a number of social outreach programs.
Ability to work off-site at times.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application: No phone calls, please. Interested applicants must submit thoughtful cover letter describing your experience, your unique qualifications for this position, along with a resume and the names of at least two references, to:
Subject line: Scheduling and Events Coordinator
Application Deadline: The position is can begin on a limited basis in the near future so that the Scheduling and Events Coordinator can have some time to overlap with the current (outgoing) Director of Events. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit additional information.
Compensation: This is a part-time non-exempt position without benefits. Hourly compensation is anticipated to range from $19-$22, depending on level of experience.
Additional Information about All Souls: Please visit us at www.allsoulsnyc.org and facebook.com/AllSoulsNYC to learn more.
All Souls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.