The TEAK Fellowship is a ten-year enrichment program that offers New York City students from under-resourced communities intensive after school and summer academic classes, transformational cultural experiences, secondary school, and college guidance, a vibrant internship program, and a robust support system. TEAK students earn admission/financial aid at our Nation’s most prestigious academic institutions and graduate from them determined to make an impact on communities in need of their contributions and leadership.
TEAK is seeking an Assistant Director of Student Growth who will join the Middle School Academy team to provide students academic and social-emotional growth and support under the guidance of the Senior Director of Middle School Academy.
- Serve as the point of contact for all constituents related to the student, including parents, teachers, advisors, TEAK mentors, and program partners.
- Liaise between TEAK, family and school; visit Fellows’ schools; develop relationships with middle school guidance counselors and teachers to ensure Fellows’ academic success at school.
- Utilize TEAK’s student relationship management system (Salesforce) to maintain up-to-date student records for attendance, gradebook management, student behavior and discipline.
- Serve as the primary communicator with 7th and 8th grade Fellows and families regarding TEAK schedules, events and programming, and all students/families during the Summer Institute.
- Provide the appropriate academic, social, and mental health supports for middle school Fellows.
- Serve as a site director for TEAK’s off-site afterschool programming from September - April. TEAK programming is held at off-sites in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queen 2x a week.
- Assist with middle school programming for Fellows and families, including the mentor program, TEAK Parents’ Association, service learning, and other co-curricular experiences.
- Assist in the planning and management of TEAK’s Middle School Academy Cultural Events
- Serve in an administrative and/or teaching role at TEAK’s Summer Institute.
Middle School Academy: Curriculum and Placement Support
- Teach TEAK signature courses such as “TEAK Foundations” and “Leadership Seminar”.
- Assist the Director of High School Placement and Director of Admission.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of professional experience in education, youth development and/or teaching
- Commitment to educational access and success for underrepresented populations
- Ability to interface with all of TEAK’s prospective students, families, school partners and, CBOs
- Availability to work until 7:00 PM 2x a week and 1-2 Saturdays a month during the school year
- Ability to travel throughout the five boroughs
- Strong administrative, written and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Team player and the ability to be flexible in a fast-moving environment
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with the subject line: “Assistant Director of Student Growth.” Due to volume, only candidates moving forward in the process will be notified.