The Little Market is looking for a creative storyteller who is passionate about our mission to empower women and raise awareness about fair trade and social responsibility. The core function of the Marketing Manager is to bring to life the stories of our products and the artisans we work with in a way that resonates with our audience. This individual will proactively keep apprised of the production schedule, plan marketing stories accordingly, and communicate that plan and any changes to a cross-functional team. She/He will develop the creative vision for all product launches and marketing stories, anticipate the needs across multiple platforms, and provide direction for copy, photography, and digital assets. This individual will also work closely with a small, cross-functional team to meet deadlines and respond to change.
An ideal candidate will have experience in e-commerce, creative storytelling, customer acquisition and retention, digital marketing, and social media engagement. Someone who possesses exceptional attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a desire to create meaningful impact will thrive in this position.
This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles (Westwood), CA.
- Oversee marketing plan to support all products, sales channels, and outreach activities, including web and retail.
- Develop concepts for marketing stories and campaigns, and determine needs for content, copy, photography and graphics.
- Provide guidance and creative direction to the cross-functional team responsible for creating the assets and implementing the marketing strategy.
- Initiate and lead regular meetings to align efforts across multiple departments.
- Communicate our mission, core values, product features, and artisan stories through marketing campaigns.
- Provide creative direction for photo shoots to meet needs of marketing campaigns.
- Review, edit and approve all copy and digital assets for marketing materials and media outreach (e.g., social media posts, product descriptions, blog posts, news articles, speeches, store signage).
- Support strategic plans for all social media platforms, oversee execution, and coordinate special promotions and partnerships.
- Regularly assess engagement of existing supporters and identify opportunities to attract new supporters.
- Evaluate campaign performance and report on actionable insights.
- Respond quickly when a change is needed, develop a solution, and communicate with involved parties to ensure that the new course of action is implemented. Keep apprised of industry trends and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience within the marketing realm.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong visual storytelling, copywriting, and editing skills.
- Knowledge of the production requirements for digital and printed materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills managing multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency to operate independently.
- Interest in fair trade and women’s rights is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing Manager as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- An example of a Marketing Campaign or Story you have lead
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
(No phone calls, please)