2830 S. Central Ave.
A Place Called Home is seeking a resourceful Case Manager
Job Title: Case Manager
Reports to: Associate Director of Counseling Services
FLSA Status/Hours: 40 hours/week
Pay Rate: 16.00-18.00
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Counseling Services, the Case Manager develops and implements Individual Program Plans for youth. The Case Manager is responsible for connecting youth and family members to resources, ensuring case plans are met, and facilitating groups by performing all essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Respond to internal referrals for counseling clients
- Track case plans and submit reports (including written case studies)
- Create Individual Program Plans (IPP’s) and provide follow-up support to ensure they are carried out as designed
- Manages case load (case management) between 25 – 50 clients (Depends upon the need level of the cases, some cases are simply following up on IPP’s)
- Collaborate with outside organizations to identify resources and build and maintain referral base for direct connect
- Provide referrals to resources and services both internally and externally
- Facilitate group sessions for parents and youth (various topics)
- Complete administrative work (filing, tracking program and participants, client case notes, preparing reports, etc.)
- Advocate for members and families (i.e. school, court, public assistance, when appropriate)
- Manage daily food distribution and other goods to families in need
- Facilitate crisis intervention as needed for members and families within programs
- Develop, Manage, and Facilitate Adopt-a-Family program (year round and holiday version)
- (Includes family assessment, tracking and reporting donations, and follow-up)
- Order office and department supplies and monitor inventory
- Prepare department correspondence (i.e. notifications to parents, flyers, etc)
- Schedule appointments and staff meetings
- Translate for counseling sessions and meetings when necessary
- Assist staff with administrative duties such as compiling reports, making copies, etc.
· Answer phone calls and take messages
· Prepare and submit expense reports
· Coordinate department events
- Regular attendance, accountability and punctuality with regard to work meetings and commitments
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality requirements at all times
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this important job successfully, the Case Manager must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. A Place Called Home is a learning organization and there is an expectation of continual growth and learning as a community. All employees are expected to contribute to ongoing growth and improvement in their departments via excellent job performance. Additionally, you are expected to speak up if you become aware of deficiencies and needs; and to offer solutions and make suggestions for improvements in your purview areas. Likewise, because each employee and each department is integral to the entire APCH community, we expect that as you focus on your area, you will also consider the big picture and the overall mission of the agency, and communicate with the appropriate individuals if/when you become aware of problems and/or have suggestions for ways and opportunities to make APCH stronger and better. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
· Bi-lingual and bi-literate in English and Spanish Required
· Degree: B.A. degree in social services, psychology or related field
· 2 years experience as case manager with knowledge of available resources in Los Angeles
· 2 years experience with youth population (Elementary – High School)
Ability to drive (with valid driver’s license and clear DMV record) strongly preferred
Medical, Dental,Vision, Life , 401k, Vacation, Sick, holidays, plus more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please email resume, cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include all documents as one pdf file and use “Case Manager” in the subject line.
(E-mail submissions only/No phone inquiries)
Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position.
Background screening required/Relevant skills assessment required during screening