Details: Please include salary requirements in cover letter
1440 West Washington Boulevard
Respiratory Health Association (RHA) has been a leader in public health since 1906. Its mission is to prevent lung disease, promote clean air, and help people live better through education, research and policy change. Its award-winning programs have led to improvements in lung health and life quality for thousands of adults and children throughout Chicago and the country.
RHA is seeking an Administrative Assistant to work for the Association’s leadership staff. The position will report to the Senior Director of Operations, with support provided to the executive office and the programmatic, fundraising, and operational departments. The ideal candidate will have excellent administrative and communication skills; an exceptional ability to manage competing priorities; be able to initiate projects; and be able to anticipate needs in a fast-paced environment. Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
· Arranges and provides support for regularly scheduled meetings, including Board of Directors meetings and Executive and Finance Committee meetings. Support includes but is not limited to notification of meetings, preparation of agenda and other written materials, obtaining refreshments, securing room set-up and conducting follow-up;
· Assists with RHA events, including its annual Living Better Together conference;
· Composes letters and memos as directed;
· Makes and distributes copies and completes filing as requested;
· Maintains all filing systems in an organized manner as directed;
· Sorts and distributes mail;
· Maintains accurate mailing lists for solicitations and other communications;
· Assists with data entry and revenue recording;
· Handles travel logistics, and expense reimbursements for CEO;
· Assists with gift acknowledgments;
· Assists with maintaining inventory and ordering supplies;
· Assists with data entry for RHA programs;
· Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years relevant work experience, or a combination of education and related work experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook, including use of Excel programs and mail-merge functions;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Strong administrative skills, including writing, proofreading, editing, managing schedules and travel arrangements;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to develop new procedures and apply new technologies;
- Highly organized with superior attention to details;
- Ability to support multiple staff members and work in a team environment.
Please note: The mission of Respiratory Health Association is to prevent lung disease, promote clean air and help people live better through education, research, and policy change. Respiratory Health Association is fully committed to equal opportunity in employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Respiratory Health Association is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Association does not hire persons who smoke, and forbids smoking in the workplace.
Minimum Education Required