SUMMARY OF POSITION
Develops, organizes, and implements community education programs and activities for targeted clients including adult education programs, school-aged programs, and pre-school activities. Ensures that programs meet the needs of the community and the goals and objectives of the organization. Provides overall management and supervision to all LEARN programs, including supervision of staff, developing/controlling the budget, developing/ implementing policies and procedures, participating in obtaining funds/grants, coordinating/integrating programs with others inside/outside the organization. Participates as a member of the senior management team in the development and implementation of organization-wide policies and programs that will contribute to its overall success. This position reports to the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the ongoing design, planning, delivery and assessment of all LEARN programs and ensure that programming is delivered consistent with the organization’s mission, core values and yearly goals;
- Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of an Annual Program Plan that includes organization-wide and program-specific Goals and Objectives. The Plan will include the scope and sequence of annual goals and objectives for Continuous Quality Improvement, Staff Development, and Curricula/Program Activities, including the details for implementation and evaluation with target benchmarks.
- Manage staff to meet the Program Plan goals and objectives. Carry out supervisory responsibilities with effective hiring, training and supervisory practices in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Create opportunities for strategic partnerships and community collaborations by identifying youth service gaps and designing effective, viable programming for youth and their families.
- Identify and nurture cross-program development opportunities;
- Oversee the development and management of an annual Program Budget;
- Facilitate partnership/stakeholder meetings and/or attends school district meetings;
- Coordinates with school districts to implement programming aligned with the regular school day;
- Work with COO to use participant evaluation data to continuously improve programs and assist with the development of periodic program evaluation reports.
- Performs other job related work and special projects, as needed/assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with a major in Education or a related field
- Prior experience teaching, trained as a teacher, or Teaching Credential
- Must have at least five years of progressive experience working managing youth programs.
- Must have at least five years of progressive experience providing staff direction/development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with low-income families.
- Able to interface effectively with regulatory and funding agencies, and interpret and implement policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership, program administration, personnel management, financial management abilities, organizational and administrative skills.
- Able to meet deadlines, work independently, take initiative, be flexible and demonstrate adaptability.
- Able to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Able to exercise confidentiality and discretion pertaining to the work environment
- Able to obtain CPR/First Aid certificates and required background and health clearances.
- Able to travel locally; reliable personal transportation needed; current California driver license, auto insurance and acceptable driving record are required.
Language and Computer Skills:
- Able to effectively and professionally interact and communicate, verbally and in writing, with stakeholders from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and disciplinary backgrounds.
- Competence and comfort with multiple computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and web-based communication tools, such as e-mail and Internet.
Requires the visual acuity to observe the activity of children and others. Must be able to lift and carry small loads (up to 25 lbs.) and stand for prolonged hours.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AND BENEFITS
This position requires the candidate to be available for work Monday through Friday, 12:30 – 6:30 PM. Position is dependent on funding from the California Department of Education and/or U.S. Department of Education.