355 Food Center Drive
Title Associate Director of Food Distribution ( Bronx Warehouse)
Department: Food Distribution
Reports to: Director of Food Distribution
Location: 355 Food Center Drive, Bronx, NY
Food Bank For New York City’s Food Distribution department is responsible for distributing food and other product to over 1,000 members including soup kitchens, food pantries, schools, etc. who serve 1.5 million New Yorkers in need within the five boroughs. Throughout our 35 year history, Food Bank For New York City and our member agency partners have distributed over 1.5 billion pounds of food. Success in this department involves the Food Distribution team’s ability to distribute food and other product in a timely and efficient manner complying with all federal, state and city safety and quality standards... In joining, you will be a part of a team whose goal is to serve the most vulnerable citizens of New York City and assist in its mission to end hunger.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
The Associate Director of Food Distribution will assist in the oversight and management of warehouse operations, assuring efficiencies including but not limited to the following areas: traffic flow and scheduling systems, delivery and transportation, inventory control, quality control, loading dock activity, emergency preparedness and action plans and closing procedures. The Associate Director will supervise a team of warehouse managers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of warehouse operating procedures while ensuring a safe work environment in full compliance with Feeding America, AIB and OSHA guidelines;
- Assist in assuring all product distribution, product quality control, warehouse receiving, inventory variance reconciliation and all supporting documentation meets all quality standards, processes and procedures;
- Aid in developing and maintaining business continuity plans to ensure sustainable operations;
- Conduct regular meetings with warehouse managers to share and gather required information and to promote a mindset of continuous improvement, problem solving and prevention;
- Assist in ensuring managers maintain selector productivity levels and develop and generate reports as needed;
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate training curricula;
- Maintain pest control and sanitation standards assuring regulatory policies and guidelines are followed with required documentation completed;
- Assist managers in supervising and evaluating warehouse professional staff;
- Assure First Expired Out (FEFO) distribution procedures are followed monitoring internal dates and product codes;
- Assist in maintaining inventory of all warehouse equipment and vehicles, developing and implementing ongoing maintenance plan;
- Assist in the development, analysis and timely submission of all data and reports and in the preparation and tracking of department budgets and work plans; develop additional reports as needed;
- Coordinate with multiple departments to maintain necessary communications and ensure all initiatives are successfully implemented and executed in a timely manner;
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred;
- Minimum of eight years of experience in warehouse operations/distribution management with a minimum of five years as manager, with demonstrated experience overseeing distribution operations, budgets and controls;
- Experience in supply chain and logistics a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with proficiency in Advanced Microsoft office tools
- Knowledge of warehouse systems and ability to adapt to different programs
- Exhibit leadership and the ability to manage in diverse and changing environments;
- Possess a proven track record in food distribution and warehouse management, with a solid understanding and dedication to addressing hunger and poverty issues
- Experience working in a fast paced community environment
- Proven ability to lead by example by developing and managing a high-performing team
- Adaptable, well-organized, and an upbeat, positive leader who handles pressure well
- Ability to work autonomously on projects and within a team dynamic
- Ability to project a professional attitude and manner at all times
- Demonstrated ability to gather, synthesize and analyze data
- Ability to adjust quickly to operational / organizational needs and exhibit forward thinking;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Flexibility with schedule changes, when necessary, to fit the needs of the operation.
- Ability to work in a freezer environment. (Below zero degrees)
- Must pass ServSafe Food Handler Guide for Food Banking within 3 months of starting in position.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Commitment to Food Bank’s For New York City’s mission and core values.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you.