Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
1001 Connecticut Ave, NW
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise has experienced explosive growth in the last few years with over five-fold increases in both our revenue and operating budget. This growth has resulted in an opening on our finance and operations team for an associate. The Finance and Operations Associate position is an opportunity for a dynamic professional to become a key member of the Digital Promise team. Reporting directly to the COO, and working closely with the Comptroller, the Associate supports the organization’s accounts payables, record keeping, financial management, and various other day-to-day administrative responsibilities.
- Manage accounts payable for the organization. Reconcile employee reimbursements and vendor payments.
- Assist the Finance and Operations department with maintaining financial and bookkeeping systems.
- Monitor and manage external vendor and consultant contracts.
- Process bank deposits.
- Assist in preparation for annual audit.
- Oversee operational and administrative activities.
- Serve as administrator for our timesheet and employee reimbursement systems.
- Monitor Digital Promise’s general email inboxes and respond to internal and external emails.
- Prepare and process MOUs, letters of agreements and contracts as needed. Manage Digital Promise’s online administrative tools, including Dropbox and Google Apps.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Washington, DC office space and act as primary liaison with the DC landlord and building maintenance.
- Monitor Digital Promise’s main contact phone line and order office supplies.
- Provide stellar customer service to staff and outside vendors answering questions and providing assistance as required.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Comptroller or the COO.
- Track and manage tools related to dues, subscriptions and licenses for the organization.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- At least one year of office administrative support experience preferred.
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have experience in the use of software programs such as MS Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer service ethic.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred (not required).
- Experience with Salesforce or another comparable CRM preferred (not required). A curiosity and desire to learn Salesforce required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
Benefits are commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.