250 Station Drive
Namchak is dedicated to sharing the Tibetan Buddhist form of meditation through practice, community and retreat. Students learn from Tibetan masters as well as Western teachers, and receive support from a vibrant community. We support students on every step of the path, from those exploring mindfulness for the first time to more experienced students looking to deepen their practice. We offer a variety of learning programs, including in-person teaching, small group learning, online courses, and soon-to-be established residential retreats at the Namchak Retreat Ranch in western Montana.
About the position
The Social Media Manager should be a highly-motivated, creative self-starter, solution-oriented, and team player with extensive experience developing and implementing comprehensive social media campaigns and strategies.
They should be passionate and generative, enjoy creating and telling interesting stories to attract and engage audiences, and have a deep interest in learning Tibetan Buddhist practices. They will be able to foster relationships, digitally and in person, manage multiple social media channels, juggle and meet multiple deadlines, and be able to synthesize and incorporate input and direction from multiple stakeholders.
They use data to analyze and optimize the content and strategies based on performance against goals and KPIs.
They are professional, reliable, and detail-oriented, with an eye for design. As a team player, they are willing and excited to work with a collaborative group, to learn, and to teach others. This position will start at 30 hours a week, with potential to grow into a full-time position. *Please note, this position includes full benefits package at 30 hours/week.
Strategy and Planning (Estimated 35% of time)
● Develop and support the day-to-day execution of social media strategy and calendar
● Develop targeted, integrated campaign plans – from creative concept to implementation – that support strategic initiatives, events, and product launches across multiple channels
● Oversee influencer/partner cultivation and networking through digital channels
● Provide guidance and recommendations on the use of paid media to amplify strategies
Content Strategy and Production (Estimated 45% of time)
● Lead content planning and production (copy, imagery/photography, video, live video, eNews, etc.) and management for up to eight digital and social media channels, using an integrated editorial production, planning, and review process
● Compile regular and ad-hoc analytics reports to assess performance of social media channels against goals and KPIs, and make recommendations to optimize or refine social media and/or content strategies
● Ensure all content adheres to brand guidelines and Namchak standards
Project Management and Operations (Estimated 20% of time)
● Participate in regular marketing and content planning calls with large media/marketing team
● Provide on-site support for special events and live-streams, as needed
● Stay informed and up to date on trends in social media channels, tools, and best practices, and be willing to share those lessons with others
· Established meditation practice
· Baseline familiarity and awareness of Tibetan Buddhism, and/or interest in learning more
· 2-4 years driving social media for small-mid brand, company, or organization (preferably non-profit, lifestyle, or spiritual brand), particularly supporting overarching, long-term strategies and managing against those priorities on a day-to-day basis
· Experience drafting, writing, producing and publishing content for use across multiple social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, etc.)
· Experience using social media management tools (Tweetdeck, Sprout Social, social listening tools, Facebook Business Manager, etc.)
· Passion for leading people through and participating in content and campaign brainstorms and planning
· Familiarity with creative production and design tools (Adobe products, YouTube, photography apps like Snapseed)
· Familiarity with social media and digital advertising (Facebook Advertising, Twitter Advertising, SEM, digital display, etc.)
· Excellent verbal and written communicator, comfortable working with team members in different locations
· Must have experience in Google Drive, MailChimp (or similar), OSX, and all Microsoft Office software
Location: Missoula, Montana preferred; willingness to travel
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How To Apply
If this opportunity excites you, please send a cover letter, resume, and example of your work in PDF format via email to: email@example.com
In your cover letter, please tell us why you are the right person for this job. Include “Digital and Social Media Manager” in the subject of your email.
Materials will be reviewed on a rolling basis and may be submitted no later than 5:00pm Mountain Time, Friday, August 17, 2018.