2244 Tillotson Avenue
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We developed a Community Impact model to maximize our ability to provide communities with the resources needed to increase opportunities, strengthen neighborhoods and transcend poverty. This model is marked by four key characteristics: targeted program areas, an integrated approach, a continuous improvement strategy and a geographic focus.
Our work is focused on impact and we are committed to ensuring our programs have real results. Measuring outcomes is a fundamental part of how we work. Through our centralized database, we track individual participants across multiple programs, ensuring they have all the resources they need to be self-sufficient. At the same time, we analyze our program management and our impact on participants so we can make adjustments and optimize in real time.
The Client Care Coordinator is responsible for the overall delivery and coordination of services for homeless families residing at Sojourner Truth House & Town & Country Residence shelters. The Client Care Coordinator is responsible for interfacing with the New York City Department of Homeless Services staff, shelter providers and relevant community based organizations to enhance and ensure families are in receipt of optimal care and service coordination.
The Client Care Coordinator is responsible for the completion of psychosocial assessments of complex families impacted by multiple systems. The Client Care Coordinator will work with these systems and facilitate appropriate linkages for families to community based services. The Client Care Coordinator must be able to work from a multi-disciplinary team approach to service provision. The position calls for an individual able to work within a crisis driven environment with a knowledge base of substance abuse and addiction, domestic violence, child maltreatment, trauma, and mental health conditions.
The Client Care Coordinator will provide education to other members of the team around clients' psychosocial stressors and needs, to ensure positive outcomes for families. The Client Care Coordinator will obtain ongoing professional development by the individual agency program, and the New York City Department of Homeless Services – Division of Family Services. The Client Care Coordinator will be expected to provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to Department of Homeless Services (DHS) and DHS Service Providers to inform both policy and practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work from a strength based, family focused, client centered perspective and identify and fortify the strengths that each family has;
- Assist families with specific stressors associated with living in a shelter;
- Ensure that families are receiving full support in shelter and, when necessary, refer families for counseling or other services;
- Aid families in understanding the full range of benefits to which they are entitled, and assist with accessing said benefits;
- Confer and consult with professional and technical personnel in implementing a multidisciplinary approach to client care and well-being;
- Serve as agency/program liaison to community agencies and/or groups;
- Provide clear reports that capture key findings to include provider areas of strength, and recommendations for improvement;
- Ensure that all case management is documented in database system, Cares;
- Attend professional development trainings;
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited school of social work.
- Possess current licensure- LMSW – Licensed Master Social Worker.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development; emotional/behavioral health, mental health, parent-child relationships family dynamics, and diagnostic classification.
- Proficiency in the use of the Spanish language.
- Strong expertise in strengths-based, solution-focused, and family-centered practice.
- Knowledge of guidelines, policies and regulations relating to child welfare, safety, permanency and well-being.
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse cultures and ethnicities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Medical, Dental, Eye Optical, Professional Development
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to: VVanterpool@phippsny.org
In the subject line of the cover letter please indicate: Client Care Coordinator Vacancy