GrowNYC is a 50-year-old environmental nonprofit organization - helping more than 3 million New Yorkers by providing essential services and taking action to make NYC a livable city, one where every person can enjoy a healthier, more sustainable life. In particular, our network of Greenmarkets, Farmstands, Fresh Food Box sites, and GrowNYC Wholesale ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
Greenmarket promotes regional agriculture and ensures a continuing supply of fresh local produce for New Yorkers. Greenmarket supports farmers and preserves farmland for the future by providing regional, small family farmers with opportunities to sell their fruits, vegetables, and other farm products directly to New Yorkers.
Greenmarket Staffing Assistant
The Staffing Assistant works to assist the Greenmarket Operations Manager and Administrative Manager in coordinating staffing needs across all GrowNYC Food Access and Agriculture sites. This work includes assisting with scheduling, communication, and documentation for all Food Access and Agriculture field staff. The Staffing Assistant will also be expected to do regular work in the field as a Greenmarket Site Manager. This position requires time management, flexibility, strong organizational skills, comfort working in a fast-paced environment, and excellent communication skills. A working knowledge of Spanish, or another non-English language, is preferable.
This position requires availability on Saturdays and Sundays.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
• Assist in maintaining and updating multiple tracking documents, using both Google Suite and Paylocity workforce management portal.
• Ensure prompt and correct communication with field staff and Regional Coordinators around shift changes and daily coverage needs for call-outs or time-off requests.
• Be on-call to fill in as a Greenmarket Site Manager at any GrowNYC Greenmarket market site, sometimes with very short notice.
• Work a regular shift as a Greenmarket Site Manager.
• Review timesheets for Greenmarket Field Staff.
• Attend multiple weekly staffing meetings and be a supportive part of planning discussions for short-term and long-term planning needs.
• As needed, assist with the recruiting and hiring process for all Food Access and Agriculture field positions.
• Attend weekly Operations Meetings.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Have strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated experience with administrative tasks.
• Experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Able to mediate conflict.
• Work well both independently and as a member of a team.
• Have a valid New York State driver's license, and a willingness to operate a cargo van
• Able to work weekends and holidays.
• Able to transport heavy/bulky items.
• Work in a potentially noisy environment. P.O. Box 2327
Ability to lift up to 50lbs, though employee may request accommodations as needed.
The Staffing Assistant position is full-time, non-exempt. The salary range is $42,000 plus benefits. For additional information, please visit http://www.GrowNYC.org.
GrowNYC is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer
and hires without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or physical disability.
Apply here for the Staffing Assistant position with a resume, a cover letter, and three references.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
For additional information, please see our website:
New York, NY 10272 212-788-7900
GrowNYC is a 50-year-old environmental nonprofit organization - helping more than 3 million New Yorkers by providing essential services and taking action to make NYC a livable city, one where every person can…