Details: Will be shared with interested and viable candidates
301 N Main St, Suite 300
The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (AAACF) is a collegial and energetic organization that is dedicated to making positive community change in Washtenaw County. In recent years AAACF has experienced rapid growth and evolved a more data-driven mindset. A next step in this evolution is to establish an exciting new role to ensure our forward momentum. This new role will enhance AAACF’s ability to share stories, make decisions based on data, ensure strong systems infrastructure/performance, maintain accurate and useful data, and actively support staff, nonprofits, and donors who interact with AAACF.
Reporting to the CFO & Vice President - Operations, this newly created position is a part of the Financial & Operations Team, will take additional direction from AAACF’s other two Vice Presidents, and will work actively with the Development and Community Investment Teams.
Informatics: Data Administration & Analysis
- Coordinates a wide range of data projects based on staff requests, including generation and organization of data from internal systems, cross-coordination of staff involved in project, and assisting with the analysis of results
- Helps other staff make the most of available data
- Takes ownership of, and is accountable for, data integrity across the entire organization
- Actively maintains the integrity and accuracy of data sets within AAACF’s systems in a hands-on fashion, including ongoing corrective measures for increasing the quality and usability AAACF’s information
- Develops protocols for inputting data into AAACF systems, and trains staff on how to adhere to protocols
- Generates a wide range of reports on a time-sensitive basis, as well as report-based products such as mailing lists, nametag lists, donor lists, grantee lists, etc.
Technology Platforms Service & Administration
- Serves as primary liaison with AAACF’s IT infrastructure provider (npServ). Provides oversight, resolves problems on behalf of staff, and coordinates upgrades.
- Serves as primary liaison with AAACF’s enterprise data system provider (Stellar Technology Solutions). Resolves problems on behalf of staff, provides hands-on and in-house solutions when possible, manages all system improvement projects, generates lists and reports from system, engages in ongoing data cleanup, and coordinates system upgrades.
- Serves as primary liaison with all other IT providers, and serves as internal administrator for their products, including web services (e.g., Network for Good, Mailchimp, etc.), phone, broadband, and other technology vendors.
- Monitors and assesses AAACF’s technology needs in coordination with other staff and Leads the process for the adoption and integration of new/replacement systems when needed in coordination with other staff and outside providers
- Manages acquisition and maintenance of all tech hardware (e.g. printers, monitors, laptops, phones, projector, etc.) in coordination with AAACF’s IT provider
- Continually trains staff on use of systems
Web and Social Media Infrastructure Management
- Serves as hands-on webmaster for AAACF’s website, including page updates, system management, content coordination with other staff who are creating/providing content, and vendor coordination
- Maintains AAACF’s social media channels, including system management, distribution of content created & provided by other staff, and vendor coordination
- Trains select staff on use of web and social media systems
- Directly fields and responds to email and telephone inquiries from grant applicants experiencing technical issues with AAACF’s web-based grant application system
- Directly fields and responds to email and telephone inquiries from scholarship applicants experiencing technical issues with AAACF’s web-based scholarship application system
- Internally supports record entry and updating for AAACF’s web-based grant application system
- Internally supports the Development and Operations Teams in responding to donors experiencing technical issues with AAACF’s web-based donor portal and online giving systems
- Performs other duties as needed to ensure smooth and efficient internal operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience, with a hands-on track record for the duties described above
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree in an information-related field is a strong plus
- Past data-related research experience is a strong plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Experience in constantly prioritizing a wide range of demands and following tasks through to completion.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- High level of hands-on experience and skill with computer technology (particularly websites and data systems); extensive experience with MS Office (particularly Excel); ability to work hands-on with web editing software/services.
- Highly detail-oriented
- A desire to integrate technical work into the much broader context of AAACF’s community-centered development and grantmaking activities.
- A can-do, hands-on spirit and an ability to laugh at oneself
- A positive, service-oriented attitude.
- A passion for improving an institution’s internal efficiency and effectiveness.
- An ability to work independently.
- A deep interest in and commitment to philanthropy and the work of AAACF, with a demonstrated passion for Washtenaw County, its people and their concerns.
- Health insurance
- 403(b) matching
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care FSA
- Life, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurance
- Paid time off plus federal holidays
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The cover letter should be addressed to Neel Hajra, President & CEO. The preliminary deadline for submission is Friday, March 23, 2018, but may be extended depending on application volumes. You may direct questions about this job opening to Neel Hajra at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).