Part Time Temporary
Details: $4500 (for the summer program)
50 Cooper Square
GO Summer Nurse Position Description
The GO Project is seeking a registered nurse for the GO Summer program. The nurse will provide medical assistance for students in grades K-8. The program runs from Monday, July2 to Friday, August 3, 2018. The hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm for the first week (Monday, July 2 – Friday, July 6) and 9:00am to 5:00pm for the remaining four weeks of GO Summer. Programs take place within the facilities and classrooms of GO Project’s partner independent schools: (i) Grace Church School located at 86 Fourth Avenue; (ii) St Luke’s School located at 487 Hudson Street (iii) Berkeley Carroll School located at 701 Carroll Street and (iii) Grace Church High School located at 46 Cooper Square.
· Serve as the nurse and coordinator for all health-related emergencies during GO Summer.
· Assess any serious injuries or health-related emergencies.
· Supervise students with inhalers and nebulizers.
· Distribute and monitor prescription medications that are authorized through the Permission to Administer Medication Form.
· Provide first-aid to any person with any minor injuries and/or illnesses during GO Summer.
· Document all health services, notify parents of health issues and obtain necessary student medical information.
· Serve as health educator for GO Summer staff for any general questions and/or concerns and communicate these issues to the Director of GO Families in a confidential manner.
· Facilitate trainings for teachers, families or students as needed on topics such as epilepsy and diabetes.
· Assist the Directors and Program Coordinators with special projects, as needed.
Times and Dates
· Orientation and Training Schedule:
o New Hire Orientation (Dates TBD)
o GO Summer Site Orientation Friday, June 29 from 8am-4pm
· GO Summer Schedule July 2 - August 3*
*The hours are 8:00am-5:00pm for the first week and 9:00am-5:00pm for the remaining four weeks of GO Summer.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Registered Nurse; CPR and AED trained; experience working with children in a school or camp setting.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The GO Project is an equal opportunity employer. Men and candidates of color are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Email subject line: GO Summer Nurse. Only eligible candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.