1015 15 Street NW
District of Columbia
Role: HR Manager
Responsible to: Chief of Staff
Location: Preferably Beirut or Nairobi; potentially Washington DC, Brussels
Salary: Competitive according to experience
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date for Applications: 23:59 GMT Sunday 29 July 2018
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Crisis Action is looking for an experienced HR Manager to provide HR support and advice to its fantastic global team of 40 people who work closely together to compel the most powerful people to protect civilians from the horrors of war. Crisis Action is who its people are and what they do and we are therefore passionate about creating a highly dynamic and professional work environment that enables our staff to thrive and constantly grow.
As HR Manager you will work closely with the Chief of Staff and the HR & Finance Assistant to preserve and develop their unique culture, make the most of recent investment in systems, and seek out and deliver opportunities to make Crisis Action a great place to work for all of their staff as well as ensuring day-to-day effective HR systems and processes are in place.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide Chief of Staff and Office Directors with advice on HR policies and national employment laws of countries we are operating in and act as a supportive and effective HR resource to all staff.
- Manage all operational aspects of the employee life cycle such as recruitment, interviews, contracts, induction, performance management, training and offboarding.
- Work to preserve and develop Crisis Action’s unique culture to foster a continuously improving organisation through the learning and leadership of the entire team.
- Work with the Chief of Staff to develop, update and maintain HR policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook according to all relevant employment legislation.
- Help with the production of accurate and timely management information for quarterly Board meetings using our cloud based HCM system Financial Force.
- Identify and develop internal trainings that will boost key leadership skills and support maximising both individual and organisational effectiveness.
- Design, plan and implement HR related organizational projects.
Essential Skills and experience:
- CIPD qualified or the equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience of strategic and operational HR work within an international environment.
- Awareness of the international differences within employment law.
- Experience in contributing to organisational development.
- Experience of working on a cloud based HCM Database such as Financial Force/Fairsail.
- Resilience and an ability to cope with multiple internal and external demands.
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and changing demands and priorities when required by external events or strategic opportunities.
- High level of ambition, energy and enthusiasm; a can-do attitude and drive to see commitments and projects through.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- A commitment to Crisis Action’s aims and core values.
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience working for a global organisation, across different time zones and with offices in different countries
- Health insurance
- 4-6% employer contribution to pension scheme
- five weeks of annual leave, rising to six weeks after three years’ service
- inflationary salary increases
- three months paid sabbatical after 5 years
- and more
Level of Language Proficiency
Additional languages a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply via our online system at https://crisisaction.org/opportunities/ no later than 23:59 GMT Sunday 29 July 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. We regret that due to the volume of applications we cannot respond individually to each applicant.