Founded in 2006, Moishe House launched when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends and networks. Fueled by enormous demand for peer-led, home-based programming from young adults and their Jewish communities, Moishe House has become the global leader of Jewish life for young adults.
With over 100 houses in more than 25 countries, our model develops, supports, and empowers young Jewish leaders as they create meaningful experiences in their local communities for themselves and their peers. More information about Moishe House can be found at www.moishehouse.org.
The Southwestern Regional Manager works with the Resident Support Team to create and support vibrant, home-based, grassroots Jewish communities. The ideal candidate finds joy and meaning in helping others establish a Jewish community on their own terms, embraces the numerous avenues through which a person can be Jewish, and thinks entrepreneurially about challenges.
This position requires weekday office hours plus some evenings, weekends, and holidays with regional travel to complete job requirements. This position is based in Los Angeles, CA and reports to the Director of House Programs.
Essential Job Duties:
Resident & Community Relationship Management (50%)
· Mentor Residents through the Moishe House experience of leadership and intentional community-building
· Build and maintain trusting and meaningful relationships with residents, community members, and stakeholders
· Inspire residents to participate in Jewish learning and leadership opportunities, offering staff support and training
· Visit all regional Moishe Houses twice per year
· Use monthly conference calls and other resources to build relationships, train, and lead group problem-solving
· Actively listen to Residents' stories, picking up on the said and unsaid
Program Administration (35%)
· Review and approve program reimbursements; submit accurate data
· Supervise Residents in setting and achieving goals, programming, course-correcting, and celebrating successes
· Analyze program data and problem-solve proactively, communicating concerns with appropriate staff on the program and development teams
· Responsible for tracking and adhering to grant requirements for specific houses
Special Projects (15%): Participate in special projects as assigned, such as grant oversight, planning for the North American Resident Conference, and supporting houses through the We Are campaign.
Minimum Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of professional work experience required. Four additional years of related professional experience may be substituted for the degree.
· Demonstrated ability to be organized, deliver results, and work both independently and as part of a team.
· Measurable experience in leading groups of people toward sustained success.
· Enthusiasm for strategizing and collaborating with the team.
· A strong work ethic and sense of humor.
· Demonstrated ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don’t turn out as planned.
· Direct Moishe House experience preferred.
· Ability and willingness to travel as needed within the region.
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements, and features a generous benefits package which includes health/dental/vision, 401k with company match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & Jewish Holidays. Moishe House employees also experience:
· Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
· Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats
· A fun work environment with awesome co-workers
· The support of the global Moishe House community
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations (no calls please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE WRITE “Southwestern Regional Manager_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE