District of Columbia
American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a not-for-profit which prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant federal, state, and private organizations. The Corporate Finance Office (CFO) is currently seeking a Financial Analyst for the Washington, D.C. office. The CFO is a dynamic workplace within AIR with a clear agenda to develop a service-oriented organization in line with the business and is composed of a strong team of co-workers. This Financial Analyst position resides in the Program Finance Unit and reports to a Finance Lead.
The Financial Analyst provides cost control and financial planning support for a specific division, operation or line of business within the organization. Under minimal supervision, the Financial Analyst provides financial and administrative support for moderately complex to complex projects and is involved with pricing, direct and indirect project cost control, and budgeting and forecasting. A fully capable candidate will be proficient in the performance of all financial activities related to the life cycle of multi-dimensional, large, long-term projects, ranging from initial pricing/cost estimating and budget preparation through project execution and to project completion. Responsibilities include:
• Supports the finance Lead and project/operational management staff in the financial analysis and management of project direct and operational indirect costs.
• Serves as a liaison between the finance Lead, project/operational management staff, and other corporate infrastructure units including Accounting and the Contracts and Grants Office, on financial and contractual project/operational activities and issues.
• Facilitates usage, accuracy and proper tracking of data in AIR’s budgeting & forecasting, business development, job cost accounting and other financial tools for assigned direct and indirect projects and operational units.
• Prepares project and operational financial reports.
• Reviews project direct and operational indirect actual costs for accuracy and consistency with respective purposes as well as applicable federal and state procurement regulations and internal policies.
• Assists project/operational management with the financial management of subcontractors, consultants, and other vendors.
• Works with billing staff to insure invoices are completed and issued accurately and in a timely manner and ensures payment is received within contractual payment terms. Ensures compliance with financial terms of agreements with subcontractors, consultants and vendors.
• Works with project/operational management staff to ensure project and operational indirect costs are forecasted accurately and completely and tracks the latest estimate-at-complete against the budget baseline and corporate annual budget, recommending corrective action as necessary.
• Provides bidding support to proposal teams including preparation of bid costs and basis of estimates; reviews bid costs for competitiveness and completeness, and ensures compliance with cost and business requirements of solicitations.
• Prepares cost estimates for inward facing indirect projects and activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field is required.
• Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field is a plus.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience in an organization offering services to a wide range of federal, state and commercial clients including at least 3 years of experience with projects funded by USAID or other international finders.
• Fine attention to detail, responsiveness, and the ability to deal with confidential information, experience with large complicated budgets, and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
• Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines is required.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and strong analytical skills are required.
• Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint and Quickbooks is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the following link: